Tvs, 82mm, vmp tune, gt500 axle backs dyno

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
It would be nice if Justin would pop in and throw down some generic guidelines in his opinion or even start a new thread. Thanks...

alex12gt

Established Member
It would be nice if Justin would pop in and throw down some generic guidelines in his opinion or even start a new thread. Thanks...

i second that id like to maybe get the inlet as well or send my blower in to get it
ported if possible since im slapping an aluminator in

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I have often wondered what the benefits of porting the blower and or inlet might be..... Maybe Justin will also start making smaller pullies than the 69mm, I'd love to throw a little more boost at my car as I am only seeing 11 lbs here at a mile hi.....

Here is my graph with pump/E85 comparo.....

e852.jpg

Doug1227

Established Member
Can you clarify if the BAP,idler, port match on blower and elbow are included with this package? Your post below says it is, but the ad on VMP doesn't mention it. What about a tune? Is that seperate? What if you already have an SCT?

Pre-Order Your VMP 2.3L TVS for 2011-2013 5.0L & Boss 302 Today! (Down Payment or Pre-Pay): VMP Tuning - Superchargers, Tuners, Custom Tunes, & Performance Parts

Justin recently installed his VMP TVS 2.3 on his Boss.
The results were an amazing 800/683 at 16lbs on race gas!!!
Merry Christmas!!!

VMP_50L_TVS_Brochure2_002.jpg

VMP_50L_TVS_Brochure2_001.jpg

ghostrider7953

Established Member
I have a 2011- auto- 3:73 gears- 20" Roush wheels- Roush suspension and TVS w/ 575 pulley upgrade. I have the Roush tune and burn Shell 93 w/ 10% ethanol. What's the difference in tune w/ Vmp or Aed ?

grnenvy

Established Member
I'm not real sure the Boss heads give a 40hp diff over the base Gt head. Race fuel, alot of timing and good air help dyno numbers alot. Don't forget manual cars read higher on the dyno also. I bet Justins tuning helped alot. :)

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I have a 2011- auto- 3:73 gears- 20" Roush wheels- Roush suspension and TVS w/ 575 pulley upgrade. I have the Roush tune and burn Shell 93 w/ 10% ethanol. What's the difference in tune w/ Vmp or Aed ?

It's was a bigger difference going from roush tune to vmp tune than from stock roush pulley to the 82mm. Roush tune is so soft, I was actually disappointed at first with the blower kit. The vmp tune completely woke the car up.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

My tune for the Roush TVS, about 70-100rwhp over stock.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Can you clarify if the BAP,idler, port match on blower and elbow are included with this package? Your post below says it is, but the ad on VMP doesn't mention it. What about a tune? Is that seperate? What if you already have an SCT?

Pre-Order Your VMP 2.3L TVS for 2011-2013 5.0L & Boss 302 Today! (Down Payment or Pre-Pay): VMP Tuning - Superchargers, Tuners, Custom Tunes, & Performance Parts

All VMP TVS kits for the 5.0L will include the CNC ported blower inlet and CNC port matched high-flow inlet elbow. That, along with the special nose drive machining, are what make the VMP 5.0L TVS head unit unique. I will have Carson update the ad to reflect that and show a picture of it.

The VMP fuel pump booster and ID1000 injectors are an option if you want to run E85. At the time we printed the flyers we were still developing all the details of the kit.

What I have found through testing is that with a good sized injector (like the ID725 included with the VMP 5.0 kit), you don't need a pump booster until 750-800rwhp. My Boss is just starting to run out of pump at 800rwhp. IMO all the cars running 47s and a BAP/pump booster really have too small of an injector and the BAP is covering that up.

Tunes and tuners are available seperately depending on your needs.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm guessing a stock 5.0 couldn't handle the power from that package for very long?

You can dial it up as much as you want, or dial it back down for the street...

I have pulleys from 10psi up to 18psi.

The VMP TVS kit will support everything from 82mm (or even 85mm) down to 63mm (18psi).

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Justin,

What is the smallest pulley diameter you would recommend while wanting to keep the stock shortblock in alive? The car in question would be a weekend cruiser that would get used my a mature, sensible owner.

Thanks...

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Justin,

What is the smallest pulley diameter you would recommend while wanting to keep the stock shortblock in alive? The car in question would be a weekend cruiser that would get used my a mature, sensible owner.

Thanks...

Excellent question, I'd like to know as well.

alex12gt

Established Member
I ran the 79 in mine with a jlt but im a little rougher so im going to an aluminator for safety.....

Justin any way to port the roush blower and elbow i already have?

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Justin,

Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread