TVS & Dynatech LT's

Bulldogger

Established Member
Finally put back together and up and running. Had a slight delay with the powder coating of the coil pack covers but it's done :banana::banana:

100_2682.jpg

100_2684.jpg

100_2686.jpg

Blackmax

Established Member
Nicely done, doesn't it feel better to have the longtube headers ? A muscle car just doesn't seem right without headers. Keep on top of the collector bolts as they will come loose. I waited for a few hundred miles then re-torque them when the motor was stone cold. Would be nice to tighten header bolts but good luck. lol

Last edited:

Bulldogger

Established Member
It should:coolman: I will final Dyno tune once I get some more mileage on her. Car only as 250 miles on it. When it gets closer to 1000 I'll strap it on the dyno. Should be around 650-700 rwhp.

Bulldogger

Established Member
Nicely done, doesn't it feel better to have the longtube headers ? A muscle car just doesn't seem right without headers. Keep on top of the collector bolts as they will come loose. I waited for a few hundred miles then re-torque them when the motor was stone cold. Would be nice to tighten header bolts but good luck. lol

I can get to the header bolts now, being I heated and bent three wrenches up to fit:rockon:. Won't take more then 2hrs to retorque it all up.

overtime

Established Member
I can get to the header bolts now, being I heated and bent three wrenches up to fit:rockon:. Won't take more then 2hrs to retorque it all up.

Bulldogger,
I've got my LT's on order. Should be here in about two weeks. Did you consider using the Stage 8 locking bolts? I was hoping they would eliminate the bolts from backing out.

Steve

overtime

Established Member
It should:coolman: I will final Dyno tune once I get some more mileage on her. Car only as 250 miles on it. When it gets closer to 1000 I'll strap it on the dyno. Should be around 650-700 rwhp.

You should hit those numbers easily. I pulled a 677rwhp with your set-up (I have the 65mm CJ TB and 123mm MAF) Hoping for maybe 15 to 20 more with the LT's. And way more exhaust note (although the Lethal hi-flow xpipe is fairly loud now)

bull3441

Established Member
i just put on Dynatech's and the tubes are rubbing after heated. got a rattle from both headers.

Blackmax

Established Member
i just put on Dynatech's and the tubes are rubbing after heated. got a rattle from both headers.

Eww, rattle sucks. I had a loud tick with small rattle but got rid of rattle after tightening colletors. The tick is in the headers but I don't have the skill to fab up wrenches. I'll wait till end of season and take it in.

Bulldogger

Established Member
Bulldogger,
I've got my LT's on order. Should be here in about two weeks. Did you consider using the Stage 8 locking bolts? I was hoping they would eliminate the bolts from backing out.

Steve

I didn't use them, and they will be brutal to try and install as space is really limited on a few of the header bolts on the drivers side. Three bolts basically make the whole job really suck. From the front of the car looking at the drivers side header 2nd bolt on top is a little tuff, but the two middle ones on the bottom take the cake. My friend had used them and when he went to check everything some of the c-locks were gone:bash: seems like they may get affected by hot and cold cycles with vibration.
If you need any help with the install hit me up and I can get you through it, just be patient:)

Bulldogger

Established Member
Eww, rattle sucks. I had a loud tick with small rattle but got rid of rattle after tightening colletors. The tick is in the headers but I don't have the skill to fab up wrenches. I'll wait till end of season and take it in.

Believe if I'm doing it you don't need skill:D. You can use a propane torch like I did. Just get 2 10mm box wrenches from Advanced auto or somewhere heat them and bend to a shape that fits in the area and a little grinding and your done. The header bolts only need to be about 25ft/lbs tight.

rodfarva

Established Member
I'm using the header bolts that Dynatech sent with the headers and have had no issue with the bolts loosening over time.

bull3441

Established Member
Where are they rubbing?
mid-tube. sent pics to Dynatech and they acknowledge the spacing between tubes is too small. Dynatech wants the shop to remove headers and ship to them so thier tech's can examine the tubes, then have a meeting about it. unreal, my shop is a dynatech dealer. we are gonna tig weld straps on. Dynatech said i'm the first GT500 they heard off blah blah blah, but this is a common problem on the camaro's. i don't wanna high jack the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread