tvs numbers not happy

SVTRAT

Banned
took it to a dynojet with the tune on it it made 595hp after a few tweaks it made 629hp and 597tq put vhe on the tires and then it put down 601Tq

LOL, now take it to the track and see that 600rwhp get dragged down the track but other cars.

Oh if you don't track, don't be suprised getting owned by cars that have less on the streets:beer:

SVTRAT

Banned
Notice how much the power and torque is changed by rises and dips in the A/F. It makes abrupt drops and rises of almost an entire A/F point! Get that into some capable hands. Absolutely no reason the A/F should be fluctuating that much by a professional tuner unless he isn't tuning the MAF and is only manipulating the fuel table... or the car has vacuum/boost leaks.

EDIT: Finally read where you took it somewhere else. Hope it runs better.

Maybe you should go back, and learn how to read graphs with 1% smoothing:nonono::nonono: Everybody on the internet is the best tuner ever:lol::lol::lol:

02SVTV6

Established Member
Why is this forum filled with people who care so much about a dyno sheet? When you go to the track that's the only # that matters. Idc If I made 400 on a dyno and went 8s in 1/4 I'm ok with that.

goat-ee

Established Member
Why is this forum filled with people who care so much about a dyno sheet? When you go to the track that's the only # that matters. Idc If I made 400 on a dyno and went 8s in 1/4 I'm ok with that.

Because there are a much larger percentage of guys who can't drive their way out of a paper bag, so all they will ever have is some BS dyno number to brag about. Data logging on the street is, in my opinion, a better method for getting optimum a/f ratios, driveability and hp. I will likely never be on a dyno again, a waste of money and time. It can be good tuning tool, but the BS numbers that come from them mean NOTHING!!

Get your tune right data logging, then go to the drag strip (if you can drive?), and find out your real horsepower!!

Oh, and my personal favorite...simulated dyno drag strip runs are without question...wait I was going to say the gayest thing ever, but dyno drag runs makes being gay seem downright macho in comparison!! :kaboom::loser:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Because there are a much larger percentage of guys who can't drive their way out of a paper bag, so all they will ever have is some BS dyno number to brag about. Data logging on the street is, in my opinion, a better method for getting optimum a/f ratios, driveability and hp. I will likely never be on a dyno again, a waste of money and time. It can be good tuning tool, but the BS numbers that come from them mean NOTHING!!

Get your tune right data logging, then go to the drag strip (if you can drive?), and find out your real horsepower!!

Oh, and my personal favorite...simulated dyno drag strip runs are without question...wait I was going to say the gayest thing ever, but dyno drag runs makes being gay seem downright macho in comparison!! :kaboom::loser:

drag strip isnt perfect either...you need good traction and good driving to actually see the potential of your car. a dyno is a GREAT tool as long as you continue to use the same type of dyno (imo Dynojet) as it will repeat the same standards...unlike a MD.

Users who are viewing this thread