tvs numbers not happy

rizjan67

Established Member
Your car should make lot more than what it shows on the sheet,,you need some good tuner,,Mustang dyno read low numbers but not that low,,,my car put down 623 on dynojet and 600 on mustang dyno.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
That is a scary looking dyno graph.
To be on the safe side I would find some one else to look at your car.
You should change to thread title to "Not happy with my tuner"

bad93svt

Established Member
I would have justin email you my tune..I have the same combo.

Then give me an update.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Good lord, looks like Stevie Wonder tried to draw a straight line for your A/F.

Rodeheavers

Established Member
Hey guys, I hope you can see this is a case of mistaken identity.
First, you all didnt get the other side of this story, this car came to me with a VMP tune that only made 450rwhp and the log showed only 14 degrees of timing with a a/f curve that was so fat it pegged my gauge.
Second, I dont want to be a party pooper, but when I view data on my dyno, I view it with a filter value of 1%.
If you look at the dyno graph Charlie posted the filter value is 1%. The reason I do this is to see as much raw (unfiltered data) as I can, this way my corrections are better.
I am posting 3 dyno graphs, \
The first is the same dyno graph as Charlie posted earlier, the only change I made was I turned the filter up to 99% as MOST shops do, you can see it makes his graph look super smooth as pretty.
The second set of graphs are from another customers car that Lund tuned on my dyno a while ago. Look at his a/f curve unfiltered, and then look at it filtered. There is a huge difference!

I dont like to do "glory runs" on customers cars just to try and get them XXX number. However, I could see Charlie was not happy with his numbers so I did add 1 degree of timing to get it to 16 degrees and we let the car cool down and did a glory run, only to be rewarded with LESS hp, the car dropped 4HP, so from a tuning stand point, the car did not want anymore timing. Most tuners will max a car out on the dyno, then take out 2 degrees for safety, espesially an 03-04 cobra that has no cooling head mod and stock internals. I am not in the business to blow peoples cars up. I have very happy customers with very fast cars! I hope this helps with the confusion. And the main reason I gave Charlie a graph with the a/f looking ilke that is because when I filter the data, it also filters the HP/TQ/Boost. so if you look closly at the graphs, you will see the differences. Oh, and my dyno is pretty stingy! A 99-04 car that makes over 500rwhp will run low 11s- high 10s. One of my personal cars makes 580rwhp on my dyno and it has gone 10.20@134 with me (a horrible stick driver) driving it.

charliepull_zps03d9ccd2.jpg

Lund-unfiltered
lundunfiltered_zps9e8a75de.jpg

Lund filtered
lundfiltered_zps5d7934d7.jpg

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
There are a myriad of potential issues, from valve float to low tire pressure. I will be up that way with my mobile dyno for the NMRA race at MIR if you want me to look at it.

streetsweeperz

Established Member
That is a scary looking dyno graph.
To be on the safe side I would find some one else to look at your car.
You should change to thread title to "Not happy with my tuner"
I can and will do that cause im very happy with vmp service and the tvs just not happy with my dyno numbers and the tuner

Rodeheavers

Established Member
charliepull_zps03d9ccd2.jpg

this is the same graph with the filter at 99% Most tuners only let the customer see the graphs with the filters turned up!

I on the other hand turn the filters down so I can see more "raw" data to make better corrections, however, when doing this it filters the HP and you loose HP number! And who wants that?

Last edited:

Rodeheavers

Established Member
Charlie, all I can tell you is I did my best on this car and it is what it is! You need to remember it came in the door with a big name tuners mail order tune only making 450 to the wheels with a 10.0 a/f.

leegro1015

Established Member
Thank god you posted the other dyno sheet. My first impressions were that it looked like raw data, no smoothing factor at all. Almost looked like my a/f in sct livewire... it just shows how people will bag on a tuner and say go somewhere else without knowing the whole story, or "picture". Just know that its a safe tune. If you want more power make sure you have adequate fuel and octane to support that boost level.

Users who are viewing this thread