TVS+Pump Gas = 9's

blackshelby

Can a 2.3 TVS 2008 Shelby GT500 at Full weight, full exhaust etc, on 93 octane run 9's?

Today we finally took my friends car to the track after setting up the combo in his car.
He hasn't raced a car in almost 5 years, so he wanted to take it real slow, small steps.

Car has a Ford 2.3 TVS with a 2.7 upper and 10percent OD crank, 72 L&M TB and Plenum. AR headers with full exhaust, GT cams, FB auto trans, running 93octane PUMP GAS, No additive to fuel, no race fuel.

The tune I had in the car, since he didn't want to turn the power up , was running 10.8 A/F and 16 degrees of timing.

Well his first pass he lifted at the 1000 foot, the second pass he went a little further down and the 3rd and 4th pass he starting feeling good about being at the track again. He didn't use a 2 step, no trans break, nothing just foot braked it and shifted at 6400 rpms.

I can't wait until he lets me turn it up and maybe actually put some race fuel in it and really turn it up.

Video .
Sorry I didn't have a better camera with me, I took it with my phone.
TVS+Pump gas= 9's!!!! - YouTube

Atco1.jpg

Acto2.jpg

Last edited:

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Catless pipe? weight reductions? heat ex changer? just curious. Nice run.

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Gotta love Atco! Those are some AMAZING times and that thing scoots the hell out! Auto trans + gobs of torque + traction = AWESOME!!! I can't believe they let him keep running without a cage or 9 second license. I got booted for running high 10's in my 03 Coupe.

Just out of curiosity, how much of that do you attribute to the GT cams? All things being equal but with stock cams, you think 9.9x is possible?

Last edited:

blackshelby

He does have a NHRA license.
The weather was warm(80) degrees) and very humid(60 plus) the track was not working well at all yesterday.

Yes the car would be able to go nines with stock cams. The GT cams are worth 20-30hp
I feel very confident this car will go low nines once we turn it up and really leave (He only foot braked it).

AR cats gutted
I wish the car had some real weight reduction , plus my friend is 280 plus pounds driving it. The car weighs a little over 4000 pounds with him in it.
C+R HE with a Ford GT IC pump

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I suspect there's a ton of suspension mods under there. It looked perfectly composed as it left and it ran an arrow straight line.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
He does have a NHRA license.
The weather was warm(80) degrees) and very humid(60 plus) the track was not working well at all yesterday.

Yes the car would be able to go nines with stock cams. The GT cams are worth 20-30hp
I feel very confident this car will go low nines once we turn it up and really leave (He only foot braked it).

AR cats gutted
I wish the car had some real weight reduction , plus my friend is 280 plus pounds driving it. The car weighs a little over 4000 pounds with him in it.
C+R HE with a Ford GT IC pump

That was super impressive! Curious as to what the rear wheel set-up is? Power numbers?

blackshelby

That was super impressive! Curious as to what the rear wheel set-up is? Power numbers?
Bogart 15x10 with 28x10 rubber
We never had it on the dyno yet, but we built his combo like mine.(did both combo's at the same time)
Mine made 827rwhp with pump gas at 16psi with 18 degrees of timing on the dyno.

breoland

Established Member
We never had it on the dyno yet, but we built his combo like mine.(did both combo's at the same time)

Maybe a third combo in the near future

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member

Guessing yours is manual? Those are huge numbers regardless but that would be crazy numbers through an auto?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread