TVS+Pump Gas = 9's

Blackmax

Established Member
He does have a NHRA license.
The weather was warm(80) degrees) and very humid(60 plus) the track was not working well at all yesterday.

Yes the car would be able to go nines with stock cams. The GT cams are worth 20-30hp
I feel very confident this car will go low nines once we turn it up and really leave (He only foot braked it).

AR cats gutted
I wish the car had some real weight reduction , plus my friend is 280 plus pounds driving it. The car weighs a little over 4000 pounds with him in it.
C+R HE with a Ford GT IC pump

I am not getting it, how come my motor only makes around 680 h.p. with 2.9 Whipple at 18lbs of boost and 18* timing? Boost is boost right? I also have the L&M 72 . Would you fly to Vancouver and work some magic for me.lol Congrats on the time!

blackshelby

I am not getting it, how come my motor only makes around 680 h.p. with 2.9 Whipple at 18lbs of boost and 18* timing? Boost is boost right? I also have the L&M 72 . Would you fly to Vancouver and work some magic for me.lol Congrats on the time!

Thanks
Boost is not boost. Its all about airflow..... and efficiency.
I been building, racing, and tuning many different blower setup's for over 25 years.
Many records in all different classes with them.
There allot more there to make power with them than meets the eye, it not all about turning the boost up or spinning the blower to the moon to go faster.

Blackmax

Established Member
Thanks
I been building, racing, and tuning many different blower setup's for over 25 years.
There allot more there to make power with them than meets the eye, it not all about turning the boost up or spinning the blower to the moon to go faster.

I have the Whipple 123 intake and will soon be upgrading power and wondered which intake you would suggest?

KG/Eleanor

Established Member
Bogart 15x10 with 28x10 rubber
We never had it on the dyno yet, but we built his combo like mine.(did both combo's at the same time)
Mine made 827rwhp with pump gas at 16psi with 18 degrees of timing on the dyno.

Does the bottom end have stock compression on both cars?
What's the stall on that fb trans?
Is that a manual shift 3speed auto or can you leave it in drive?

Last edited:

08KR525

Established Member
Thanks

Amen brother. Blackshelby helped me with my TVS install and all I can say is WOW! What an awesome setup!:burnout:

65SC

Established Member
Nice numbers and run Mr.Jim. Did you get your 13 yet? Waiting to see what you do with that over the winter.

Users who are viewing this thread