TVS supercharger rattle/banging noise

Stri8ed

Killer
Established Member
So, I did a search but most threads ended before the results were revealed. I noticed today with the hood up that the Trinity TVS is making a sound... It kinda sounds like the noise a coffee pot makes when its brewing lol. Hope that makes sense. Its a slight rattle/light banging noise. TVS has 10,000 miles on it. 5,000 miles since supercharger oil change. stock pulley. Belt is 2008 OEM belt with a 90mm idler. Could the bearing really be going bad already? Of note, today was the first day i've driven it with the outside temp in the 40's. but it made the noise even after it was warm. Any help is appreciated.

If it needs rebuilt, who is the go to guy?

1320 Junkie

Established Member
If its a "clacking" the rotors are touching. Send it to Jon Bond for case bearing rebuild.

A grinding is normally the snout bearings. Hope that helps

Last edited:

BilletProShop

Established Member
Either rotor bearings or snout bearings. Most likely snout bearings as this is what i have seen go out most of the time. Feel free to give us a call for a rebuild.

Thanks

Stri8ed

Killer
Established Member
I was on your website checking out prices last night. If the snout needs rebuilt, what's the price of a rebuild, port, 5.8 removal w/powder coat?

Users who are viewing this thread