TVS vs whipple/KB

stop2go41

Established Member
Thoughts from the forum on VMP TVS 2.3 for a street car with occasional track time. I have a built boss block with 9.25 compression. I am not dead set on a horsepower number just looking for a 10 second street car. I also had promotion build the transmission (recommend them to everyone shifts great) and got a built SRA. I do not know anyone who has a TVS but have read good things about them. The low maintenance is a huge selling point to me as I have had my car a year and it has been bouncing from shop to shop getting built. The blower is the last piece and I thank all of you for your input in advance SVT has been a great source for me as I built this car. I have an 03 Cobra.

Last edited:

mustang john

Established Member
For a street car with your goals TVS hands down, i love mine and i still have room to grow. The Eaton reliability and the removable plenum and factory style setup were all big draws for me over a Whipple/KB.

stop2go41

Established Member
I have not had anybody that has a TVS say anything bad about it. Thanks for the input.

jblood37

Established Member
I love my 2.9 whipple, but I've heard nothing but good things about the tvs. A removable plenum would be nice. Haha.

mustang john

Established Member
I love my 2.9 whipple, but I've heard nothing but good things about the tvs. A removable plenum would be nice. Haha.

Lol believe it or not i was willing to give up the extra power potential of a 2.8/2.9/3.4 size blower just to keep my factory type setup with the removable plenum and bullet proof reliability. Besides The TVS setup right is good for over 700rwhp and thats alot! lol

419forest

Established Member
I've had a KB 2.2 and loved it, and am about to install a whipple 3.4. I was not aware that the TVS 2.3 could generate 700 hp

mustang john

Established Member
I've had a KB 2.2 and loved it, and am about to install a whipple 3.4. I was not aware that the TVS 2.3 could generate 700 hp

With the big GT500 TB setup and E85 at around 21-22# of boost there are a several guys over 700rwhp and a few are even close to the 750rwhp mark. Bad little blowers lol!

Mine has never dynoed high but i have trapped as high as 137 in good air and i am only at 19# boost. Race weight was 3650.

Last edited:

stop2go41

Established Member
What are the typical RWHP numbers on the VMP TVS? I just put in a solid axle so long as I can get up around 600 I should be high 10's... Just curious what guys are getting now that they have been out a while

mustang john

Established Member
Mine put down 615rwhp on a Mustang dyno known to bruise egos looking for big numbers lol. Typical pump gas setups are making mid 600s on 18-20#s.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
there are a couple of stock motor TVS 6 speed cars on E85 making over 730whp....I made 750whp through an auto on a built motor and ran 8.70s at the track with it. Its an excellent choice!

Another member on here, Blown04SVTCobra, put a TVS on his Cobra after selling his 2.9 Whipple.....the TVS actually made more tq on the dyno and only 15-20hp less!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread