TW Trick Flow Heads 2v

Na5ty 2V

Established Member
i think the guy on modfords who did the 44cc's made 350whp n/a

sounds kinda weak for that amount of money IMO of course

I talked to my local shop and I think that I am just gonna have my heads ported and add some cams. They do all the work in house and are telling me that they can get me the same flow as those heads for a lot less $.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member

I talked to my local shop and I think that I am just gonna have my heads ported and add some cams. They do all the work in house and are telling me that they can get me the same flow as those heads for a lot less $.

Trickflows make the most power for n/a 2 valves, so dont let it fool you, yes u can port pi heads like they have been doing for years,. but trickflow is finally the 1st new heads! they are $ $2,000 u can do it cheaper but ur not gonna make that kind of power or more, u will be making 260-300rwhp n/a with a 2 valve, unless u have them heads or custom cams etc and then you will break past the 300rwhp mark, 2 valves love forced induction n/a is a whole other ball game, its easier with a 4 valve n/a :poke:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned

they are just trying to get your business. theres no way youll get those numbers from pi heads. There is a guy around the boards who had a custom livernois 3 valve swap with ported heads/cams and all he made was 350whp

Na5ty 2V

Established Member
i never said that you would get the same numbers by just porting the stock heads. I am just saying that it's not that much difference in numbers vs the money. I am still doing a little more research before i make a final decision but that is the direction i am heading as of right now.

Lets also make it clear that i am not talking junk about the tf heads either.

Na5ty 2V

Established Member
besides nobody is actually gettin the same numbers out of these heads yet. i have heard different numbers across the board.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
My car made 334rwhp with the stock 02 shortblock and patriot stage II heads with comp 270 cams. The guy on modularfords is using a mark VIII shortblock and has over 11:1 compression.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
My car made 334rwhp with the stock 02 shortblock and patriot stage II heads with comp 270 cams. The guy on modularfords is using a mark VIII shortblock and has over 11:1 compression.

i dont think that is a fair comparison. Did you use the same dyno as him under the same conditions? You know how much timing and a/f he was running, intake temps, etc?

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Don't really care. Fact is he didn't gain a lot of up. I would not spend the money on them when my pi heads perform just fine.

100GT03

Established Member
can i run comp cams 278ah (stage 3)with these and not have to fly cut my pistons or is it gonna be a must with those cams?

spike_africa

Established Member
They are not stages for ****s sake.

You can not run 278 comp cams in a stock short block without fly cutting the pistons.

You also would need a lot of gear and loose convertor if your an auto. And bigger isn't always better when it comes to cam's.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
They are not stages for ****s sake.

You can not run 278 comp cams in a stock short block without fly cutting the pistons.
Maybe with the TF heads you can.....

[ame=http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1504168&postcount=34]ModularFords.com - View Single Post - Some results from our TFS/Vortech engine[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread