TW Trick Flow Heads 2v

Na5ty 2V

Established Member
Anybody know of somebody that has used these yet? I have searched around and I have not been able to find out what the gains actually were. It looks like they were released in Sept so I figured somebody would have these by now. :shrug:

wheelhopper

Established Member
They were tested in either MMFF or 5.0 Mustang&SF. I don't remeber the exact #, but they made somewhere around 35 more hp than the PI heads. The PI heads may have even been ported.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
They were tested by Dez racing right down the road from me. They made 35hp more than ported heads. Trickflow is where its at. If you have the cash buy them.

fisher2985

Established Member
the article estimated about 65 over stock heads, but that was on a supercharged engine. i wanna know what they will do n/a.

BCM0018

Established Member
I want them but unfortunately I have comp 278's and aftermarket pistons so I dont think they will fit. Next time I pull the motor out they will be going on.

eddyroxx

Established Member
the cams will fit but you will probably need different pistons if they're already cut, since 1 valve will be on the other side now

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
I just put a set of 44cc's with custom cams on my FORD GT powered lightning....getting ready go finish it off, I'll post up #'s once its all said and done. I've got some data of similar builds with just ported PI heads..... to compare with.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
so that was 65hp before they were even ported themselves? Damn not bad at all. Im strongly considering getting these and making a fun little n/a 2v

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
so that was 65hp before they were even ported themselves? Damn not bad at all. Im strongly considering getting these and making a fun little n/a 2v

I have a feeling that when someone sets up a good CNC program (with attention to the exhaust ports especially) for these heads, you're going to see amazing #'s with blowers. :beer:

Courterman08

Established Member
A guy at the engine builder's challenge made 42Xfwhp with a set of these (unported) with a set of custom cams/springs, victor EFI intake mani, 42lb injectors (IIRC), Pro Systems 650 carb, rods and pistons..... I think that's a good indication of what these are capable of with even a basic NA setup.

Courterman08

Established Member
Wait, wut? :shrug: Injected AND carb'd? :??:

Yep...I had to do a double take myself..

In_the_Cell10-05-09-3.jpg

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
a Guy part of my local mustang club here lmmc in ct, He did them heads, I think he did the trickflow tw 44c 2 valve heads/ port work, custom stage 3 cams, and full bolt ons on his 04 gt and he made 327rwhp n/a tuned I belive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread