TWA flight 800

Cobra Jet

Established Member
The only reason this is coming to the surface again is the mere fact that TWA 800 was a “Boeing” airliner. With all the recent press about Boeing and their sub-contractor’s 737 Max series of airframes, anything “Boeing” related as far as accidents, injuries and lawsuits will now be rescrutinized again and everyone will be coming out of the woodwork seeking justice and paydays.

———

What amazes me is that the world still can’t find the missing Malaysia MH370.

The other thing that amazes me is that in this tech age there isn’t better ways to track an airframe aside from the “black boxes” and some of the “pingers”…. Especially with all of the GPS tech in the world. You mean to tell me with as many people who were on that flight with cell phones, there wasn’t ONE cell phone ping to coordinate a better location on a map as to where that airframe might have went down? Not ONE piece of cellphone data or GPS transmission that could be traced?

blk02edge

Established Member
The only reason this is coming to the surface again is the mere fact that TWA 800 was a “Boeing” airliner. With all the recent press about Boeing and their sub-contractor’s 737 Max series of airframes, anything “Boeing” related as far as accidents, injuries and lawsuits will now be rescrutinized again and everyone will be coming out of the woodwork seeking justice and paydays.

———

What amazes me is that the world still can’t find the missing Malaysia MH370.

The other thing that amazes me is that in this tech age there isn’t better ways to track an airframe aside from the “black boxes” and some of the “pingers”…. Especially with all of the GPS tech in the world. You mean to tell me with as many people who were on that flight with cell phones, there wasn’t ONE cell phone ping to coordinate a better location on a map as to where that airframe might have went down? Not ONE piece of cellphone data or GPS transmission that could be traced?
Cell phones work off towers, which typically lose reception at a few thousand feet of altitude after leaving the runway. And also, yes, if it happened today they'd know almost exactly where to look. BUT if the pilot turns off the ADS-B they could dissapear off "radar"
Screenshot_20240117_210031_Flightradar24.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I actually do remember this. I don't remember the details but I remember hearing TWA Flight 800 a lot.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I remember this story and there were many reports that it was a missile that took it down. Not proven but certainly in the realm of possibility. In 1988 a airbus a300 took off from tehran and the US navy shot it down, claimed the captain mistook it for a fighter jet. USA paid $60M in restitution to the families. Also, in 2014 another commercial flight was shot down over ukraine.

ajaf1656

Established Member
I thought that conspiracy theory died like 30 years ago when they investigated the crash.
It was a short circuit that ignited the fuel tank.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
They missile theory was debunked. That is one reason they reassembled the wreckage in the hanger, so they could see any missile damage. The official cause was because they were delayed on the tarmac on a hot day with the air conditioning running it heated up the center fuel tank and caused some of the fuel to vaporize. Then during takeoff a short in a wire ignited the vaporized fuel and boom! That's the Cliff note version.
The terrifying part is the people on the plane. When the front part got blown off all of the passengers were hit with 250+mph wind in their face and could see out the front of the gaping hole. Then the plane climbed another 1500ft while going vertical and rolling over. Finally stalling only to start the descent into the ocean nose first. What a horror show that must have been!

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
That is putting it lightly, I dont think its possible to accurately describe what those people endured. Horrifying to say the least.
I've watched a bunch of episodes of Aircraft Disasters and that episode stuck out to me because of how scary that must have been. I feel for those people who had to endure that crash. It probably took 5 or so minutes before they were killed.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I've watched a bunch of episodes of Aircraft Disasters and that episode stuck out to me because of how scary that must have been. I feel for those people who had to endure that crash. It probably took 5 or so minutes before they were killed.
I watch that show all the time when it airs. Interesting stuff.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Probably not a show to watch before a trip though, haha! It's amazing how they can piece together the wreckage to find out what caused it.
Very true. One show that sticks out was that Concord that crashed when a tire kicked up a piece of a trim ring from a engine on a the runway hit the fuel tank, igniting it and crashing. I can't remember where it was though.

MG0h3

Established Member
The episode where a jet circled Portland for an extended period waiting for weather to clear was great.

This was a good idea, until they ran out of fuel and dumped it in a neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
The episode where a jet circled Portland for an extended period waiting for weather to clear was great.

This was a good idea, until they ran out of fuel and dumped it in a neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I remember that one also. The controllers kept pushing them out and then basically forgot that they were almost out of fuel until it was to late.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread