Twin Screw fuel? Focus or GT pumps or KB BAP?

snakebite2003

Established Member
making the jump to a twin screw on my 03 cobra. Will either be running a 2.2 kenne bell or 2.3 whipple. My question is, which fuel pumps should I buy to run this set up. dual svt focus pumps? dual gt supercar pumps? Maybe just a kenne bell boost a pump???? Also I heard that if you run the supercar pumps you need more voltage to run them?

mach1033

Established Member
The most economical way is bap and 60lb injector's. Your gonna have to change your maf as well. If you have the extra scratch then the full Fore kit from lethal is a great fuel upgrade.

snakebite2003

Established Member
I have 60# injectors and a mafia already. Ready to order the rest of what I need for my fuel set up, just looking to do it as cheaply but as reliable as possible. Is the BAP with the stock pumps reliable?

cobracide

Established Member
I have 60# injectors and a mafia already. Ready to order the rest of what I need for my fuel set up, just looking to do it as cheaply but as reliable as possible. Is the BAP with the stock pumps reliable?

If you have the cash, go twin GT pumps. If not a bap (40a) is reliable but the pumps are overdriven. You can see my choice in the sig.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
Not Exactly.

2 fpdms, or one modified one. the dual set up is more reliable, just a little more difficult to install.

OP, i make 600 on 100 octane, with stock pumps and a bap and 16-18psi. The GT pumps do not need more voltage to run them. BAPs are actually good for your pumps. They operate at a lower current and will extend the life of your pumps. The set up i am going with for my e85 build is twin GT pumps, dual fpdms, and a BAP. Contact Black306 for more info on anything fpdm related.

cobracide

Established Member
The GT pumps do not need more voltage to run them. BAPs are actually good for your pumps. They operate at a lower current and will extend the life of your pumps. The set up i am going with for my e85 build is twin GT pumps, dual fpdms, and a BAP. Contact Black306 for more info on anything fpdm related.

BAP is GOOD for your pump, huh? So that extra fuel came from where? The fuel system worked more (harder) by pulsing on/off at a faster than stock rate. Nothing is for free.

greengt88

Established Member
I have something for sale in my sig. That will solve all your problems. Problem is the company that manufactured it is out of business....it kinda pisses me off that the MDM's were the hot ticket less than a year ago and now they r garbage? I think car mods are like fashion items, trends come and go. I wasn't afraid to run it in my car, I just decided a full return system better suited my needs. Otherwise id have this installed on my car with GT pumps. Its basically 2 FPDM's in a nice billet box w/ LED'S to tell u if its working or not. It makes for an almost plug and play install, super easy super clean. Now FPDM'S are on some sort of national back order (still) and ur left with wiring ur own setup, a BAP, or going return. Hope that helps u. Not trying to sell u on this but it is a nice option for u. Do ur self a favor and get a fore hat!

Last edited:

greengt88

Established Member
I agree, with BAP is not good. How is applying more voltage than designed good? I guess its the same as adding an upper supercharger pulley....OP all the setups have pros and cons, go with what u can afford, and what u and ur tuner are comfortable with.

cobracide

Established Member
Glad I went with my instincts and bought an additional stock FPDM. They may be a little scarce now but at least they still make them. The only real con to the dual GT / FPDM setup is price.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Could one of you guys provide a link or two to some pump or BAP failures please??:shrug::dw:

I would really like to read them.:dw:

If they are out there they should be pretty easy to find because the KB BAP has been in use on Fords for at least 10 years.

Post em up.:bored:

Black306

Established Member
Now FPDM'S are on some sort of national back order (still) .....
Funny you say that. I've read that in a few places and every time I check a couple of my sources (not including Tousley) they are available. I wonder if this is just through Tousley cause they sell so many and they wipe out their local warehouses. :lol:

Don't worry guys. FPDMs will be available for a very long time. Even if Ford stops production on new ones, think about how many 1999-2004 Mustangs were built and how often FPDMs go bad.

liedenfrost

Established Member
Could one of you guys provide a link or two to some pump or BAP failures please??:shrug::dw:

I would really like to read them.:dw:

If they are out there they should be pretty easy to find because the KB BAP has been in use on Fords for at least 10 years.

Post em up.:bored:

:) Agreed. BTW, I have a BAP. They also function as a voltage regulator to your pumps keeping it constant which is good for your pumps.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
will putting a BAP with aftermarket pumps work well?

Check with the maker. A lot of aftermarket pumps that are not a OE replacement design(returnless system) are not designed for variable voltage operation. I have heard of SOME, of those types of pumps having issues with being stepped up by a BAP. I have also heard of some operating for years.

Users who are viewing this thread