twin screw or turbo hepl me decide

mach1gsxr

Established Member
Can't really help you on your question about single or twins. I don't have either one bolted on just yet, but should have one on in a few weeks/months pending on what I decide to do on my motor.

If you go with a turbo, you will need to either buy a lower intake of some sort, upper intake and a few other misc. items. If your interested in swapping your parts for parts off a stock mach 1, let me know. I got one here that wants an eaton swap done to it and we can exchange parts or you can sell off all your supercharger parts and buy them from the market here and come out with some cash in your pocket.

On your IRS, you can trade almost anybody for their SRA and there should not be any problems. Pending on who you trade with, you might lose the cobra brakes. Mach 1 and bullitts share the same brakes, but the GT's use the smaller ones.

I swapped my SRA for a IRS in my mach and have not had any issues that your worried about. It's a straight across swap except for needing to buy a new u-joint. Keep in mind, you will lose whatever catback you have on now.

ITS STOCK

Established Member
What do you make on pump? 717/672
track times? 12.93@128 spinning all the way down.
what all mods? you only need supporting mods with the kit to make good numbers but i have basically exhuast, return fuel system, twin gt pumps, 72lb inj, sullivan upper/lower intake, sullivan fuel rails, turbo kit.

On the hellion site its 7500. Then at the bottom says you need intake etc... Does that come with the kit? it doesnt come with the kit but you can get everything you need for the kit for under a grand, plus TRBO VNM on here I know can do better on the kit price for you.

What is the total cost? I spent alot do to some problems that I could blab an blab about but my total cost was about 20k, but that was alot more expensive than alot of guys here have paid. i have heard as cheap as 10k for everything installed.

install cost? ^

btw off topic, but does anyone know if u switch to a SRA can you keep the traction control system? from my understanding its ecm conrtrolled so you dont lose it. i am doing a sra swap next weekend i can let you know.

impressive numbers what psi timing etc. is that with ? stock motor?
dyno graph hp/tq curve?

dover

vettekiller
Established Member
my dyno graph an a vid are all posted on the forum, my dyno graph is posted in this section. 16* timing, pump gas, 18psi, stock motor

ITS STOCK

Established Member
my dyno graph an a vid are all posted on the forum, my dyno graph is posted in this section. 16* timing, pump gas, 18psi, stock motor

ok looked at the post swt vid btw.

do you have pic of were the hood was cut? does it stick through?

and what is the difference between that intake and the stock cobra one? power? curve? etc...

trying to get as much info as I can before I decide

dover

vettekiller
Established Member
MyCobra.jpg

you can see the cut here, it doesnt stick out or anything. shuts fine no problems to date. As far as the 01 cobra upper lower combo you wouldnt have to cut the hood. The only setup thus i have seen you have to cut is mine and im pretty sure no else has gone this route unless they have a cowl. you lose a little torque from my understanding but get great power gains with my combo. i also still have a stock tb :(

ITS STOCK

Established Member
i am wrong or won't the piping that goes to the TB be different from that intake to the cobra? from the side vs from the front

and as far as power gains stock cobra vs stock sulivin(sp?), is it better to just get the sulivan? what about price wise?

spray175

Established Member
i am wrong or won't the piping that goes to the TB be different from that intake to the cobra? from the side vs from the front

and as far as power gains stock cobra vs stock sulivin(sp?), is it better to just get the sulivan? what about price wise?

I guess you didnt read my post which answers your question. 01 intake is cheaper. I have dyno graphs to prove the sullivan/hpp combo makes more at even less boost levels.

ITS STOCK

Established Member
I guess you didnt read my post which answers your question. 01 intake is cheaper. I have dyno graphs to prove the sullivan/hpp combo makes more at even less boost levels.

oops didnt see.

sulivan it is then

Now I just gotta decide twins or single?

any advantages or either one? price? spool faster? etc..?

Last edited:

04cobra13

Established Member
I personally will most likely stick with the whipple and do cams, ported head ect. like sir ricus, only because i think its better on the street. Instant torque and no spool time. On the other hand if you do like highway racing id say the turbo set up would be better for higher speeds, all depends on what you prefer at the end tho, Gl on the move!

ITS STOCK

Established Member
i am def going turbo. Just dont now if tt or single, Kinda leaning towards tt.

hellion or hpp tt kit? pros cons?

just not sure on a single or a tt kit.

help me decide

btw looked through all 45 pages

Last edited:

ITS STOCK

Established Member
I personally will most likely stick with the whipple and do cams, ported head ect. like sir ricus, only because i think its better on the street. Instant torque and no spool time. On the other hand if you do like highway racing id say the turbo set up would be better for higher speeds, all depends on what you prefer at the end tho, Gl on the move!

Say 17 psi on both a ts and a tt kit.

he turbo graphs do look peaky

What track times are they capable of/ hp numbers?

what bout on the street?
I see videos where TS car own turbo car, and the other way around also:shrug:

this decsion is too hard argh:??:

Last edited:

03snakeminated

Established Member
try to sell your car and buy a turbo termi going for almost next to nothing (on this site) with all the work already done i seen a few of them for way less or around 30k

03snakeminated

Established Member
if your car is close to stock you'd probably sell it quick, and at a reasonable price the banks would give a loan to the proper buyer, that's what i would do if i were on your shoes and save all the time (installing, tuning) and few buckaroos while at it, that's just me, good luck whichever route you decide to go

ITS STOCK

Established Member
def not ever selling the car, and i enjoy installing the parts myself also, that is the fun in it, no fun writing checks, I want to put it together so i know how it works etc..

Guess Ill go the ts route to be fun on the street, hope i can reach my goal of a low ten ot 9.99 on race gas

thanks for all the input You guy have always given great info.

03snakeminated

Established Member
if that's the case and that's what you want, go for it, it should be fun whichever route you go as long as you get where you want to be, good luck

dover

vettekiller
Established Member
is that goal attanable with a TS car?

Anything is attainable with the right amount of money. TS cars are too common. I will do a 9 pass this season on pump gas :coolman: Go big single and never look back imo.

Users who are viewing this thread