twin screw or turbo hepl me decide

ITS STOCK

Established Member
Say 17 psi on both a ts and a tt kit.

he turbo graphs do look peaky

What track times are they capable of/ hp numbers?

what bout on the street?
I see videos where TS car own turbo car, and the other way around also:shrug:

this decsion is too hard argh:??:

?

shhak

Established Member
Go with a set of twin 62's from HPP. Your lag will be minimal and the car will scream! If you want to get real serious, swap in an automatic and the lag will be almost completely gone.

Also, in my opinion, a turbo car is much more fun to drive. The way they pull is undescribable. If you really want a project, go with a compound boost setup. That way you get the best of both worlds and since you already have an eaton, it wouldn't really cost that much more money....

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Also, in my opinion, a turbo car is much more fun to drive. The way they pull is undescribable.
i'll have to agree with this too. it is way different than PD blower type of pull. each time you shift it pulls just as hard, if not harder. where on a PD blower you have that re-revup kind of feeling...

TRBO VNM

I had posted a pretty unbiased post in a thread a few weeks ago about some of the different kits. you are going to get a lot of different recommendations based on the kit people have. I have installed both hellion kits and I have ridden in cars with both hellion kits and I have ridden in a HPP twin car as well. I have had customers who have sold THP and HP kits to buy hellion kits without even putting those other kits on.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
def not ever selling the car, and i enjoy installing the parts myself also, that is the fun in it, no fun writing checks, I want to put it together so i know how it works etc..

Guess Ill go the ts route to be fun on the street, hope i can reach my goal of a low ten ot 9.99 on race gas

thanks for all the input You guy have always given great info.
It sounds like the Hellion Hellraiser kit would be what you're looking for. Keeps the blower, so you don't have to worry about getting any extra parts, and it has instant power down low with the pull of the twins up top.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
i agree with the other guys, it is just all what you want to do.

But, i will throw my 2 cents in. I went from a bones stock cobra down to the filter to a stock longblock with kb 2.2 longtubes and full exhaust on 17lbs, making right close to 600rwhp. I really liked that setup a lot of fun on the street, then the motor let loose at the track and i needed a rebuild, and all i was going to do was just clean the cylinders and put new pistons and better rods in.

Changed my mind and went with a teksid aluminum block, oliver billet I-rods, full return style fuel system, and a twin 57MM turbo kit from THP. Tuned it at 16lbs of boost, and made 715rwhp, and had that setup on there all last summer and fall. I ABSOLUTELY hated having turbo's for my type of driving, but i have to agree with everyone else the pull of them is amazing its like a freight train. I just couldnt take the lag and i had full boost at 4k rpm's. So i took that setup off and sold it this past fall lol.

Now i am hitting the dyno on monday. My new setup is the same lower end of the motor but i ported the heads and put some nasty cams in it, kb 2.8H with a MPH inlet. Full 3 inch exhaust. I will be doing 2 tunes. one on 24psi and 110 octane, and the other on 16psi on 93 octane. I am hoping for close to 800rwhp on the 24psi tune but we will see if it happens or not.

Bottom line, it is just what you prefer. Me i prefer twin screw with all the low end grunt they have..

ITS STOCK

Established Member
i agree with the other guys, it is just all what you want to do.

But, i will throw my 2 cents in. I went from a bones stock cobra down to the filter to a stock longblock with kb 2.2 longtubes and full exhaust on 17lbs, making right close to 600rwhp. I really liked that setup a lot of fun on the street, then the motor let loose at the track and i needed a rebuild, and all i was going to do was just clean the cylinders and put new pistons and better rods in.

Changed my mind and went with a teksid aluminum block, oliver billet I-rods, full return style fuel system, and a twin 57MM turbo kit from THP. Tuned it at 16lbs of boost, and made 715rwhp, and had that setup on there all last summer and fall. I ABSOLUTELY hated having turbo's for my type of driving, but i have to agree with everyone else the pull of them is amazing its like a freight train. I just couldnt take the lag and i had full boost at 4k rpm's. So i took that setup off and sold it this past fall lol.

Now i am hitting the dyno on monday. My new setup is the same lower end of the motor but i ported the heads and put some nasty cams in it, kb 2.8H with a MPH inlet. Full 3 inch exhaust. I will be doing 2 tunes. one on 24psi and 110 octane, and the other on 16psi on 93 octane. I am hoping for close to 800rwhp on the 24psi tune but we will see if it happens or not.

Bottom line, it is just what you prefer. Me i prefer twin screw with all the low end grunt they have..

argh see posts like that make me wann go TS

Whats the most You can get hp wise on a TS setup and pump? What about with a build motor?

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Don't get carried away by a post. You need to decide what YOUR goals are and build to suit that regardless of what FI method you use.

TS is great but, there are reasons a turbo is better like TS heat soak much more than a turbo, try running a lap in a TS cobra and grab the blower, it's hot. Do the same on the inlet of a turbo car, it's cool.

this is just one example of a difference, you have to lay it all out and decide...maybe put it in excel....:)

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Don't get carried away by a post. You need to decide what YOUR goals are and build to suit that regardless of what FI method you use.

TS is great but, there are reasons a turbo is better like TS heat soak much more than a turbo, try running a lap in a TS cobra and grab the blower, it's hot. Do the same on the inlet of a turbo car, it's cool.

this is just one example of a difference, you have to lay it all out and decide...maybe put it in excel....:)

ill def. agree with these statements.

YGETV8

Established Member
Coming from a ported Eaton/N2O, I'd think that turbos might offer a more controllable "hit" than a twin screw because of lag? If a TS hits like my car when the nitrous is on it's impressive, but useless at anything under 50 mph on the street.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
For tracking, I believe a small single is the way to go, fast spool, manageable exhaust heat, simpler, and hp is realistic for tracking.

As mentioned, all depends on goals, typically turbo's are synonomous with hp levels set on "KILL". They don't have to be....

Users who are viewing this thread