Twin Turbo ACR Viper Vs 4.0 Whipple/nitrous Boss vs 1000+Whp Supra

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^ nah bud, you still spent less modding the boss. But its a ricers argument when talking about cost because a fox body will smoke both for the amount of money spent. I would take the ACR over everything mentioned in this thead.

There was one at auction in alaska that sold for 101k. they normally sell for 120k.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
And even that we don't know. That boss could have 80-100k into it depending on labor lol. It's all speculation. Take a viper put twins on it and haul ass like that is impressive.
$100K for a whipple 4.0 install and turbo 400? Somebody send this Boss owner to Largo Florida.. haha!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
^^ think about it more than that lol.
A full bells and whistles Rossler 400 is $10K and you can spend $5K+ on a converter BUT I highly doubt he's anywhere near that figure with his street car.A built Coyote motor can be done right for $15K, that's billet rods the full shabang. Let's alott $12K for the whipple, NOS kit and fuel system. I don't see $100K even with suspension.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
All three are bad ass cars! Of course I'm partial to the Boss...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^ nah bud, you still spent less modding the boss. But its a ricers argument when talking about cost because a fox body will smoke both for the amount of money spent. I would take the ACR over everything mentioned in this thead.

There was one at auction in alaska that sold for 101k. they normally sell for 120k.
I saw that. It was just a base ACR. They usually bring about $110k. That particular one was seized by the U.S. Marshals. They didn't have any pictures of the passenger side...made me wonder what kind of shape it was in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
A full bells and whistles Rossler 400 is $10K and you can spend $5K+ on a converter BUT I highly doubt he's anywhere near that figure with his street car.A built Coyote motor can be done right for $15K, that's billet rods the full shabang. Let's alott $12K for the whipple, NOS kit and fuel system. I don't see $100K even with suspension.
You add in labor it's there.. I literally just did this with my car lol.. You have suspension, fuel, engine, heads, cams, exhaust, probably has a roll cage of some sort as I've seen that car before, auto, whipple, nos, suspension, wheels, tires, it wasn't on stock brakes so throw that in too. Then the value of the car, tuning that setup isn't easy so most tuners will charge more for dual power adders.

Again I can almost promise you that guy didn't do that build in his garage..

Last edited:

Sn95Snake

Established Member
That ACR is pretty sweet. I bet it would be significantly faster without all the aero, 2,000+lbs on drag/downforce.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Video was great, thanks for sharing!

It's not impressive because its not a termie with a pulley swap. Best value car with cargo space too. If it wasnt for the Termie the ACR wouldnt exist.

Serpent with the kill shot!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Will aka Junkie posted the video on VOA and one of the members said that was his boss prior to selling it to the current owner, heres the quote:
biturboamg said:
That's my old Boss LS. I was first owner and sold it to current owner and it left here making 730whp with a roush blower and a 75 wet shot. Clean car and new owner is super cool guy and really built that car into a beast.

Shhhh

Established Member
Yes to all 3. I don't think I could even pick a favorite out of that lineup. I want them all.

SVTPete83

Established Member
I can't believe a set of triple 8s could hold all that power! Awesome cars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HandBanana

Established Member
^ LMFAO

The point was made earlier that the Viper isn't a straight line car, well then why the hell would you twin turbo the thing? Kinda slamming your head against a wall taking a car like that out to run 150+ down the highway.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
question about the flames at the end: I figured he was brake boosting at first, but I didn't see a difference in tails between flames and the hit. I can't imagine anyone being dumb enough to dump a clutch after bringing the revs and boost up so.....what was it? Some sort of two-step type thing? Someone fill me in

Users who are viewing this thread