Twin Turbo ACR Viper Vs 4.0 Whipple/nitrous Boss vs 1000+Whp Supra

Z06

Established Member
Damn, when did ACRs start getting TT'd? That thing was nasty! But the sound when the flames let out aint to pleasant. lol

1.8t

Established Member
Great video. What's even more amazing is the Viper is on a 100% untouched factory engine. Pretty sure the entire driveline is stock less the clutch. It was rolling on 19" R888's vs the other cars on bigs and littles and ran them HARD(even with all the Aero). Very potent combination on Kroger brand E85. Apparently the other cars have been 8's in the 1/4.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
To be honest, the ACR wasn't that impressive. Whipple/Nitrous Boss was door-to-door with him. I expected the ACR to pull both, but clearly didn't. That Boss was the most impressive, SOB was very fast.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I agree. Not impressed with the ACR. 150k twin turbo supercar vs 40k supercharged/nitrous boss mustang. And it was pretty close race.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree. Not impressed with the ACR. 150k twin turbo supercar vs 40k supercharged/nitrous boss mustang. And it was pretty close race.

lol

The ACR is not a straightline car, in any sense of the word. I'm not sure what downforce it's creating at 80mph or 100mph..but at 150mph it's 1200lbs or so; that's quite a bit of drag to overcome.

1.8t

Established Member
Only on SVTP does a car run door to door with two 8sec 1/4 mile cars and not get any respect. All because it was expensive to begin with(irrelevant), as if any cheaper car can't be built to be monsters like these. Hell, without the aero he would have run away from them both.

Last edited:

bb83

I like gays
Established Member

Lol typical mustang owners math. Just because a car is nearly as fast for much less money doesn't mean it's better.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Dumb post. Took a the boss a fully built engine auto and oh yea not 1 BUT 2 power adders to keep up lol!!! U think the boss doesn't have 50-60k into it your high as a kite lol

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
yea exactly, i think a turbo boss would have done better without a nitrous shot.

Shit, the fastest coyotes/road runner motors are on turbos. Dont see many supercharged coyotes/road runners running 8s .

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Lol typical mustang owners math. Just because a car is nearly as fast for much less money doesn't mean it's better.
And even that we don't know. That boss could have 80-100k into it depending on labor lol. It's all speculation. Take a viper put twins on it and haul ass like that is impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread