Twin Turbo Cobra hits the track

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Finally got my car to the track this year. In March I broke a rod at TX2K and had to build a new engine. Put together a pretty stout shortblock and put Holley EFI in the car.

Couple details, this is a 100% street car and I don't have a transbrake so this is footbraked @ 23lbs boost. Car weighs about 3800-3850 with driver. Based on what I can calculate, somewhere around 1050whp. If I decided to get serious, easy 8 second power here.

[video=youtube;CqQBjUCUjtk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqQBjUCUjtk[/video]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice run and nice launch! I was expecting to see the front end lift. Looks like you've got the setup done right. What was your 60' time?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Nice run and nice launch! I was expecting to see the front end lift. Looks like you've got the setup done right. What was your 60' time?
I'd like to get some front end lift. Probably could have stayed on the 2 step longer, but it will only get so much boost with no transbrake.

20161008_155411_zpsfnfpknjo.jpg

How do you like the Holley setup? Who tuned the car?
LOVE the Holley setup. I tune the car myself. So much easier to tune with than SCT PRP was.

Pretty sure he does it himself on the street.
Yup, make street pulls and the Holley just adds or subtracts fuel where needed in the learn table and then you just transfer those changes over to the base fuel table. Works fantastic!

19935.slow

Established Member
Can't be upset with that. Especially with 17"s up front. Can't comfortably drive to the track and not freak out at the site of pot holes, granted I avoid them on a bias ply or a radial on the back regardless. Nice car man. Makes it look too easy.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
My goal was 9.50 @ 145+ so I am pretty pleased. I'd like to get the matching front wheels, but damn they're expensive. We'll see what happens this winter. Maybe those and a transbrake and go run some 8's.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Wow that sounds super easy, and like I can teach myself how to do tune if need be lol.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Wow that sounds super easy, and like I can teach myself how to do tune if need be lol.
You can learn to tune with any standalone. As far as the Holley is concerned, there is a ton of information out there. I had a base file to work from that came out of my buddies car and I tweaked it for my setup. The tables are all easy to set up and tweak. And with the wideband and self learning, it makes tuning the WOT a piece of cake. I'd recommend for boosted to get the NTK wideband sensor.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the info man and congrats on the car!! I'm running dual widebands that are both NTK :)

gt347mustang

Established Member
Nice runs Tony!

You mention running o2's on both banks. How much variation do you see bank to bank? Does the Holley let you adjust banks separetly?

Users who are viewing this thread