twins setup help

orngpel

Established Member
Ok I am buying a used twin 67mm set up and I am looking for info for supporting mods I will need. I have a mmr 5.0 stroker in a 96 cobra (4.6) compcams a triple wahlboro fuel pump set up . I know I need fuel rail and lines ,gonna run a glens sumped tank. But I need to know what injectors to buy . I plan on getting a sct5000. would like to get over 700 hp . also what Throttle body should I get what size maf housing should I get ? Any info would be great thanks! Ryan

chrisquirk187

Momma, I wanna go fast!
Established Member

CPRsm

Those turbos are WAAAAY too big for 700rwhp. They are capable of double that. You'll make more power per psi and faster with just one of those. Mayyybe a single 70mm. 3.5 tubing with the 500 will be plenty.

orngpel

Established Member
I kind of knew it would make that much power easy. I guess my questions are more concentrated toward what components to buy to build this vorrectly the first time. I dont want to buy the same compenents 3 times. I want it built right the first time!

MGC

Established Member
I kind of knew it would make that much power easy. I guess my questions are more concentrated toward what components to buy to build this vorrectly the first time. I dont want to buy the same compenents 3 times. I want it built right the first time!

You'd be fine with 80's. I made close to 1000 with them.

Is there an auto in the car? 6 speed and those turbo's are going to lag pretty bad I'd think.

chrisquirk187

Momma, I wanna go fast!
Established Member
Nope its a tko 600. I will do an auto asap.after the turbos are on.

Do a built 4r70w. They are amazing transmissions and with the overdrive on your turbo set up your looking at 20+ mpg!

The turbos are big but with your 5.0 and 3:27 gears they should spool just fine..

Users who are viewing this thread