Two brake questions

mrl859

Established Member
1) Does the GT500 get an extreme amount of brake dust on the wheels? I ask because I am coming out of an SRT8 Charger with Brembos and the SRT wheels will get dark in 30 miles of freeway driving! As a "solution", a small bottle of tire cleaner spray came from the factory in the glove box when the car was new.

2)Has anyone seen or done a rear Brembo caliper conversion?

6-Speed

Established Member
Yes - the brake dust is terrible with the stock GT500 brake pads, not just on the front, but the rears too. Some folks have replaced their pads with others that have less dusting.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Yes - the brake dust is terrible with the stock GT500 brake pads, not just on the front, but the rears too. Some folks have replaced their pads with others that have less dusting.

I'm right there with you. I will clean rims and after about 50 miles covered in dust. Wish there was a solution other than changing the pads out.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I just swapped out pads which perform better and dust less. May as well do SS lines while you are in there and better fluid too.

gt500vert

Established Member
Porterfield pads helped the dust on the fronts a lot and they're not tearing up my rotors like the Mintex extremes were (although the Mintex pads really felt nice and solid thru the brake pedal). They still dust, but nowhere as bad as the factory pads do.
I'm thinking the Autozone gold ceramics might complement the rear well for the street since I can hear my rear tires (with factory pads) skipping on the street anyhow when nailing the brakes after a hard run into 4th gear range. I seldom do a second hard run after the first one anyhow...I just blend into traffic and disappear. Other posts have said great things about these pads not dusting, but they certainly are not as effective as our factory pads in hard performance applications.

Users who are viewing this thread