Two cars 3 turbos!

5.0foxbody

Established Member
It's been a very long time since I've posted anything on here. So a few years go a bought a 1993 fox body from a friend. Well I got stationed in Japan the last 4 years so I haven't been able to drive it very much. Recently I picked up a turbo from on3 and when I was home on leave my dad and I worked on installing it. Long story short I'm back in Japan and the turbo didn't finish getting installed due to poor weather conditions (we have to work outside) and random small things not working with the kit such as header bolts being too long, altanator relocation kit not fitting, exhaust piping not matching up ect. Overall the kit has been a pain in the ass and the "instructions" blow big time but what do you expect when you cheap out on a mod like this. The car will get finished sometime before I go back to the states and when I does I'll post more pics of it.

Now that I'm living in okinawa and got my sofa license I went car shopping. I wanted a supra or an R32 but I didn't have 12-15k to drop on a car. Well I picked up a 1994 Nissan fairlady z twin turbo and its a blast to drive. It's pretty much stock other then exhaust I'll try to post more pics of it later I just work all day and when I get off it's dark outside but enjoy the picture.

20161022_142732_zpsd5dyozsm.jpg

20161016_170258_zpsx2z4amwv.jpg

20161104_162740_zpsdlqn7ivg.jpg

20161105_171439_zpsqtuej2pc.jpg

20161002_160704_resized-1_zpsz87szjj1.jpg

20161025_174340_zpswaejglyr.jpg

20161213_121617_zps0mqhxhku.jpg

20161213_121635_zpstxtgrzzx.jpg

oldmodman

Established Member
Very cool.
I have heard that you can find very reasonable deals on older cars in Japan. Cars that would bring a small fortune if they had been imported into the USA.
Are you planning on trying to bring it home with you?

5.0foxbody

Established Member
With the 25 year rule the older cars are getting much more expensive. Almost every GTR Has been 15k+ even the supra are around that price. I've seen a few rx-7s for 7k or less but it sold before I could look at it. Hell there is some AE86 here but they want like 12k for it idk who would pay that much for one.

Yes I will try and take it home if I am able to.

Yes for military here in okinawa we have to have a sofa license and we can drive. In mainland it's kind of the same except if you want to drive a manual car you have to take a manual drivers test.

wormriddle

Established Member
I didn't have to take a specific test to drive a manual when I got my SOFA license, maybe something there changed. I left Atsugi in September and brought my 1990 R32 GTR back with me. Definitely try to bring your Fairlady with you, you won't lose money on it by any means I'm sure. Fun fact though, NavyFed will finance those GTRs if you get an appraisal. Having a payment isn't ideal but if you pick one up that will meet the 25 year rule when you transfer it'd be cheaper.

5.0foxbody

Established Member
Yeah I never drove when I lived in yokosuka but all my friends who had a manual car said they had to take a different driving test. I'll try to take it back unless over the years im here I find a R32 that's in my price range I'll sell the fairlady for one haha

Users who are viewing this thread