Two GT350R's for sale

Jfoster

Established Member
If I order a vehicle sold, it still hits my inventory. Typically gets posted online 2 weeks before landing on the ground.

A lot of the cars without actual photos, are sold orders.

Once I report a car sold it drops out of my inventory and the 3rd party site pulls the listing with 72 hours.

That all sounds reasonable. I wasn't singling you out, though. More just pointing out that different dealers have different "tactics" and I wouldn't be surprised if leaving these cars listed "for sale" after they are long gone, is probably one of them.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That all sounds reasonable. I wasn't singling you out, though. More just pointing out that different dealers have different "tactics" and I wouldn't be surprised if leaving these cars listed "for sale" after they are long gone, is probably one of them.
I wasn't speaking just of me. I was speaking of all dealers.

Jfoster

Established Member
I wasn't speaking just of me. I was speaking of all dealers.

I think to speak on the behalf of all dealers might be a little ambitious. It sounds like you make an effort to keep it accurate but I find it hard to believe...in fact, I can promise you that there are plenty of dealers just leaving them rot on cars.com. I've called a number of them. Cars were either long sold or never available to begin with.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think to speak on the behalf of all dealers might be a little ambitious. It sounds like you make an effort to keep it accurate but I find it hard to believe...in fact, I can promise you that there are plenty of dealers just leaving them rot on cars.com. I've called a number of them. Cars were either long sold or never available to begin with.
I'm obviously not doing a good job explaining.

DEALERS CANNOT KEEP A CAR ON A THIRD PARTY WEBSITE IF IT IS NOT IN THEIR INVENTORY.

krt22

Established Member
And just because a dealer said its "sold" doesnt mean they have received the car and physically sold it to a customer. It could have easily been an inventory order with a waiting buyer with a deposit placed, and still in transit/yet to be delivered

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And just because a dealer said its "sold" doesnt mean they have received the car and physically sold it to a customer. It could have easily been an inventory order with a waiting buyer with a deposit placed, and still in transit/yet to be delivered

Correct. I've been fielding emails and calls for weeks on the cars I have ordered retail.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I know about the automatic population on cars.com.
I'm referring to the cars that have actual pictures sitting in the showrooms, not the computer generated images. I've called several dealers about the in stock units. That's how I know they're really there and unspoken for. I really don't get the hype for this car either. The 13 GT500 seemed alot more special in its time, smacking down the ZL1 and all. I guess telling people they can rev over 8k really has an impact.

Smacked down a slow blind zl1 or keeps pace with the 991 GT3 which still sells for over 200k used?

As far as excitement running 60-130 in 6 seconds or taking 30mph corners at 90mph. Six flags squared every day!

snakecharmer

Established Member
As long as there is a fool to pay it, the dealers will charge it. And frankly if they can get a fool to pay it, more power to them. I have never paid over MSRP nor will I. I saw one earlier this week on ebay for $127K. I'm not paying a Corvette or Viper price for a Mustang and if you do your are an idiot IMO.

Jfoster

Established Member
I'm obviously not doing a good job explaining.

DEALERS CANNOT KEEP A CAR ON A THIRD PARTY WEBSITE IF IT IS NOT IN THEIR INVENTORY.

Perhaps I'm also doing a poor job explaining.

MANY DEALERS ARE PURPOSELY NOT REPORTING THAT THEIR CARS ARE SOLD.

Thanks to your explanation, it's even more clear that is what is occurring.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Perhaps I'm also doing a poor job explaining.

MANY DEALERS ARE PURPOSELY NOT REPORTING THAT THEIR CARS ARE SOLD.

Thanks to your explanation, it's even more clear that is what is occurring.
Oh, so the owners who purchased the "non reported cars" haven't started their warranty yet? Fat chance.

Sorry, I forgot, dealers are out to get everyone.

I've received 37 emails and 13 phone calls in two weeks on the retail order cars I had come in. Shoot, you probably called me..I told everyone they were already spoken for. There is no positive side for a dealer not to report a car sold. The faster they turn them and the more they turn gives them additional allocation for MY17.

Jfoster

Established Member
Oh, so the owners who purchased the "non reported cars" haven't started their warranty yet? Fat chance.

Sorry, I forgot, dealers are out to get everyone.

I've received 37 emails and 13 phone calls in two weeks on the retail order cars I had come in. Shoot, you probably called me..I told everyone they were already spoken for. There is no positive side for a dealer not to report a car sold. The faster they turn them and the more they turn gives them additional allocation for MY17.

Like I said - It sounds like you're doing the right thing. I think you're looking through rose-colored glasses if you think every dealer out there is also operating with the same integrity. I know this because I typically only called on cars with actual pictures and most of those cars were sold...but remained listed for the last couple of weeks.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had spoken to a dealership that had a car listed and they told me it had been sold for weeks but still had it listed

What 3rd party site were you on out of curiosity?

SVT P-Tree

Established Member
My local dealer wanted a $5,000 non-refundable deposit and $25,000 over MSRP to order a GT350R. This is after I called them and went in, and they told me that "We take care of our local active duty military here". Left a bitter taste in my mouth. I'll bide my time and play the waiting game. Wife wants a 2016 Edge. Maybe I can work a package deal with a dealer for MSRP. We'll see. Car is a want, not a must have, so I'll be patient.

Jfoster

Established Member
My local dealer wanted a $5,000 non-refundable deposit and $25,000 over MSRP to order a GT350R. This is after I called them and went in, and they told me that "We take care of our local active duty military here". Left a bitter taste in my mouth. I'll bide my time and play the waiting game. Wife wants a 2016 Edge. Maybe I can work a package deal with a dealer for MSRP. We'll see. Car is a want, not a must have, so I'll be patient.

WIsh you luck but like I told you over there. Someone giving you an R at MSRP at this point in the game would be like handing you $20k - I think chances of that are slim. Best bet is to try to lock in a deal for a 2017 but even then - the dealers have already smelled the blood in the water so they might be gunshy.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good luck.

I can't even buy one from another dealer for MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread