Two GT350R's for sale

krt22

Established Member
My local dealer wanted a $5,000 non-refundable deposit and $25,000 over MSRP to order a GT350R. This is after I called them and went in, and they told me that "We take care of our local active duty military here". Left a bitter taste in my mouth. I'll bide my time and play the waiting game. Wife wants a 2016 Edge. Maybe I can work a package deal with a dealer for MSRP. We'll see. Car is a want, not a must have, so I'll be patient.

hate to rain on your parade but I don't think an Edge purchase (even at full msrp) is going to come anywhere close to the 25k pure profit adm they are asking. Even if it was 10k over, still not coming close to that number

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
hate to rain on your parade but I don't think an Edge purchase (even at full msrp) is going to come anywhere close to the 25k pure profit adm they are asking. Even if it was 10k over, still not coming close to that number
I wish it did.... I sell Edges like there's no tomorrow.

jimmy77

Established Member
Wait till Randy Pobst takes a 2016 SS Camaro with the mag suspension out onto the track.....Ford had better hurry up and get adm. The regular GT350 ain't gonna run circles around it.....and the Camaro will be 30 k cheaper. Oh, and the Camaro can be had with all the luxuries and the handling STUFF/sun roof too.

Last edited:

gravedgr

Established Member
Wait till Randy Pobst takes a 2016 SS Camaro with the mag suspension out onto the track.....Ford had better hurry up and get adm. The regular GT350 ain't gonna run circles around it.....and the Camaro will be 30 k cheaper. Oh, and the Camaro can be had with all the luxuries and the handling STUFF/sun roof too.

@ $18k base price, that Camaro will be a steal!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Gm will look stupid when this happens. How can their new camaro keep up with their new vette that runs 400lbs lighter? 30k? maybe 15k...42k to 57k.

BlownAway03

Established Member

Yep.

krt22

Established Member
I'm still waiting for the camaro to run the same time as the vette with same tech same engineering with an additional 400lbs. Talk about magic!
The vette is too light for how much power it has, thus the extra weight of the camara will help it put down the power better and thus be faster ;-)

jimmy77

Established Member
Gm will look stupid when this happens. How can their new camaro keep up with their new vette that runs 400lbs lighter? 30k? maybe 15k...42k to 57k.

By the time you add on ADM it will be 30k more.....I suspect you will have a heck of a lot better chance of obtaining an SS for MSRP. Actually this discerning buyer has noticed that with the intro of GT500's...Hellcats....GT350's ...Camaro's ...Corvette's ...these rare muscle cars ain't so rare anymore. I'll eventually scoop one up on the cheap....just passed on a 2014 GT500 Black/Red loaded for 49K....Low miles too. Thank GOD for rich guys buying up these things and taking the depreciation for me. Please keep it garaged for me too....thanks.

Last edited:

SCALECRAFT

Established Member
Recently on youtube, Randy Probst did a 2016 GT350R vs a 2015 Z/28. The "R" was a bit more than 1 second faster. (2016/17 Z/28 is a new animal)

On our local track, my 14 OEM 500 has put down better times than an OEM Z/28. Due to a very long straight section maybe??

I await the 350R to show up at the track, and do better than mine before giving up my 500. The "R" has been hyped much. From what I have come across at the track, if the "R" can hang with a 2008 or newer Z06, then it's gonna be impressive. But that's a tall order.

Again, OEM vs OEM.

I could be wrong. It's a purpose built track car. Right?

Last edited:

Jfoster

Established Member
Recently on youtube, Randy Probst did a 2016 GT350R vs a 2015 Z/28. The "R" was a bit more than 1 second faster. (2016/17 Z/28 is a new animal)

On our local track, my 14 OEM 500 has put down better times than an OEM Z/28. Due to a very long straight section maybe??

I await the 350R to show up at the track, and do better than mine before giving up my 500. The "R" has been hyped much. From what I have come across at the track, if the "R" can hang with a 2008 or newer Z06, then it's gonna be impressive. But that's a tall order.

Again, OEM vs OEM.

Nope - it's a track-ready street car. Big difference.

BlownAway03

Established Member

Again, OEM vs OEM.

I don't see it hanging with a C6Z on track. The Z is about 500lbs lighter, has similar hp, and more torque. Can't really think of any way a 350R could overcome those advantages.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I don't see it hanging with a C6Z on track. The Z is about 500lbs lighter, has similar hp, and more torque. Can't really think of any way a 350R could overcome those advantages.

And yet you think the new ss will hang the the new z51 which weighs 400lbs less?

To answer scalecrafts question the z28 is significantly faster than the 13/14 GT500 which does not mean that one can not out drive the z28. And the R is faster than the z28.
R compared to the first c6z06 would be close. As the years went on the z06 times got faster and faster as they dialed the suspension and tires got better. On the same tire the cup 2 the z06 would be faster if nothing more than power to weight.

The c6z on track is magic and I feel is much better than c7z on track.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
The c6z on track is magic and I feel is much better than c7z on track.
I am going to go out on a limb and say you have zero on-track experience in either car. If I am wrong, feel free to correct me and regale us with all of your road course experience (and video, lap times, etc.) in both cars.
S.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I have not driven either z on track. You're more than welcome to correct me however I'm wrong. Tell me how the blown z is better heat soaked than the light weight n/a z.

I'm still waiting on why the blown c7 is a better track car. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread