Two more excellent reasons to hate Treynor

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ben do you like the looks of the 720? I can't get in to it.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
You can have an opinion, and I can disagree with it. The current GT has been doing incredibly well, especially for its debut race season with brand new teams on a brand new platform, even winning Le Mans. Pricing is reasonably in line with competitors with full carbon fiber chassis. Are there faster cars? Sure, but not many.

Well the argument is moot, they sold all the ones the are going to make so Ford got their buyers. No one could buy one if they wanted to at this point.

I'm curious to see how well they will hold their value. Will the previous Ford GT's raise in value because they are the only V8 model out? Interesting things to watch.

......I too would buy an Aventador though, over the new GT, for that kind of money. If I were Treynor, I would have both. lol

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Both the McLaren 570 and 720 fit this description.

And my offer remains open to Ford GT owners: meet me at Laguna Seca, I'll bring my 675LT, and we'll see what's what.

I guess I didn't realize the 570 was that "cheap." I was thinking the entry price for carbon fiber chassis was in the 350-ish range.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
One question is whether Ferrari will stick with an aluminum chassis for the 488's replacement, or switch to a C/F tub. For coupes it's not a huge deal, but for convertibles there's a massive difference in chassis stiffness between the two. Both the 675LT Spider and the LaF Aperta drive identically to their hardtop cousins, which isn't true of the AL cars.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Norcal tracks > Socal tracks, maybe even millers if they are racing in the west coast.

My vote is either Sonoma or Laguna.

I'd say willow springs, or even buttonwillow. Willow Springs is in all the car comparison videos so we can see how both cars perform compared to what us muggles can buy. Both tracks are also very local to me lol.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Ben... I think I talked to you awhile back about buying a 360 Modena. I talked with my wife about for about a year... drover her nuts.

At the track last weekend, I saw a really nice 360. It had some added aero stuff, race seats, etc... and I came home talking about it again. I got some extra cash from a contract performance bonus and told her I was going to get one this month.

I got home from work yesterday, and my wife said "I hope you don't mind. I used some of the bonus money to buy you a car you have wanted for awhile." She pointed a my desk and this was in front of my monitor...

ferrari360Modena.jpg

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Ben... I think I talked to you awhile back about buying a 360 Modena. I talked with my wife about for about a year... drover her nuts.

At the track last weekend, I saw a really nice 360. It had some added aero stuff, race seats, etc... and I came home talking about it again. I got some extra cash from a contract performance bonus and told her I was going to get one this month.

I got home from work yesterday, and my wife said "I hope you don't mind. I used some of the bonus money to buy you a car you have wanted for awhile." She pointed a my desk and this was in front of my monitor...

ferrari360Modena.jpg

How does it handle in the corners? =D

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member

ferrari360Modena.jpg
****ing savage.

Users who are viewing this thread