Two more excellent reasons to hate Treynor

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I just can't see spending almost $400k for a Ford. Especially a new Ford with zero history or eccentric value.

What's really crazy is the previous gen was about $120k, which I think was a reasonable price, but now even those models are selling for well over $200k, if you can find someone willing to sell it.

Zemedici

Established Member
I just can't see spending almost $400k for a Ford. Especially a new Ford with zero history or eccentric value.

What's really crazy is the previous gen was about $120k, which I think was a reasonable price, but now even those models are selling for well over $200k, if you can find someone willing to sell it.

Referring to a Ford GT?

05-06 cars are skyrocketing, 300k and on up

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

The 2005/06's were selling for low $130k's for a while. They had MSRPs of $139,995 up to $169,995.

Now you can't touch a salvaged title one for less than $200k. My dad just sold his last one with 3500 miles for a hair over $300k.

Ford let the secondary market make the profit on the previous gen...they want some of that profit this go around.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

How many full carbon fiber chassis cars are much less than that? This car has a pretty good racing pedigree already. It did win at Le Mans.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

How does it not have history? lol.

That car was built because of the history. It's an homologated street version of the Le Mans winning car..

If it wasn't for the GT40 or winning Le Mans 50 years ago, the new car wouldn't exist..

Dusten

Established Member
The 2005/06's were selling for low $130k's for a while. They had MSRPs of $139,995 up to $169,995.

Now you can't touch a salvaged title one for less than $200k. My dad just sold his last one with 3500 miles for a hair over $300k.

Ford let the secondary market make the profit on the previous gen...they want some of that profit this go around.
Not to mention the huge amount of tech in the new car that ups the price.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Yeah, those first generation GT owners got a great deal on those cars. I don't think Ford had a lot of choice in the pricing of them though. The cars were, relatively, brand new to market in which there was no way to be certain how well they would do.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Lol, marcspaz, you really living up to your name? Ford, zero history? LOL

c'mon bruh, you're smarter than that. Someone already told you about the Ford GT from 05/06 climbing in value. Do i need to remind you of the Terminator cars? low mile examples are fetching near msrp price. Then you go back to the 60's mustangs, specifically GT500, GT350, Boss 302 & 429. Holy hell this guy is living under a rock. I think the original Ford GT from the 60s is $1 mil now right?

None of those cars have history, I wish. Would love to score an 06 Ford GT for 50k right now.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Man, some of you guys are really good at twisting words. I didn't say there is not Ford history or no GT history. I'll spell it out a shade better... There is no history with this version of the GT to lend to the high prices, which is normally based on eccentric value...

I've said it before... If I want to spend that kind of money, I'll buy a Lamborghini or Ferrari, not a Ford.

And it's just an opinion. Get over it. LOL

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Man, some of you guys are really good at twisting words. I didn't say there is not Ford history or no GT history. I'll spell it out a shade better... There is no history with this version of the GT to lend to the high prices, which is normally based on eccentric value...

I've said it before... If I want to spend that kind of money, I'll buy a Lamborghini or Ferrari, not a Ford.

And it's just an opinion. Get over it. LOL

What full carbon fiber chassis cars are cheaper?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I don't care.

Its completely relevant. You can't crank these things out in mass capacities. IIRC, Fords supplier does it mostly by hand. Carbon Fiber is expensive, and its incredibly expensive to shape it into anything other than a cube.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Sure... I'll agree with that, but it's still an ecoboost Ford. I'm not interested. I don't understand why me having that opinion is a problem.

You can have an opinion, and I can disagree with it. The current GT has been doing incredibly well, especially for its debut race season with brand new teams on a brand new platform, even winning Le Mans. Pricing is reasonably in line with competitors with full carbon fiber chassis. Are there faster cars? Sure, but not many.

Users who are viewing this thread