Two more excellent reasons to hate Treynor

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Playing with the current caliber of cars in your stable, is there a dream car from when you were younger that you’ve always wanted but never got around to owning it? Is it worth owning at this point, if there even is one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Hey Ben, do you know what this is? I had the pleasure of seeing it tonight at a family friends house.

20180908_211410.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Honest answer: one of the interesting discoveries about being wealthy is that you STILL have budget constraints. Just because your budget has more zeros than it used to, doesn't mean that you can skip having a budget. There are plenty of people who make a mammoth amount of money, who still manage to get into financial trouble (or worse) because they spend more than they make. Even billionaires need to be cautious about purchases - a single large yacht will cost ~$100M in the first few years of service between operating costs and depreciation. At the lower end of the wealthy spectrum, it's shockingly easy to spend $1M. I warn every newly-minted millionaire I encounter to be cautious about treating their situation like they have infinite money. That movie ends poorly.

So yes, budget constraints are real.

I totally get it.

Jefe

Established Member
haha yep that was easy. He sure has a thing for yellow!

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Bump for this question

Vespa
Fiat 500
Mercedes GL
Subaru Impreza
Jeep Wrangler (daughter's car)
Merecedes C-class (son's car)
Ford F150
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Dodge Challenger
Ford Mustang
Another Ford Mustang
Yet another Ford Mustang

and, ya know, some other stuff...

blk02edge

Established Member
Vespa
Fiat 500
Mercedes GL
Subaru Impreza
Jeep Wrangler (daughter's car)
Merecedes C-class (son's car)
Ford F150
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Dodge Challenger
Ford Mustang
Another Ford Mustang
Yet another Ford Mustang

and, ya know, some other stuff...
:mad:

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
@treynor

If you don't mind me asking, is the Challenger a Hellcat or did you get rid of the Hellcat?

I put about 16,000 miles on mine so far. Only a handful of track days. I love it and hate it at the same time. Unless you have track tires on it, its a big ole' burnout machine.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
@treynor

If you don't mind me asking, is the Challenger a Hellcat or did you get rid of the Hellcat?

I put about 16,000 miles on mine so far. Only a handful of track days. I love it and hate it at the same time. Unless you have track tires on it, its a big ole' burnout machine.

I believe he sold his HC charger for this reason and now has the Demon with DR’s for at least a little traction.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I believe he sold his HC charger for this reason and now has the Demon with DR’s for at least a little traction.

We get Winter Lite, here. When the all-seasons are on it, you can forget using the car in 700+ mode. I am thinking about switching to Continental DWS 6 for the cold months. Most of the guys in the Hellcat groups are big time Nitto fanboys.

Figured I would see if he has any cold weather experience with it and what tires he runs. I might just bite the bullet and get them. I just hate wasting time and money if they don't work out.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
We get Winter Lite, here. When the all-seasons are on it, you can forget using the car in 700+ mode.

I've only driven the Demon with the stock DRs, and they work really well for street driving. No cold weather experience with it. I tried driving my old Charger Hellcat on the stock 4-seasons and, as you say, wheelspin and TCS intervention was my life until >50 MPH.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

:D

(ok, ok... Challenger Demon, Jeep TrackHawk, F150 Raptor, Mustang CobraJet, Mustang Boss 302S, Mustang GT4, Dawn, Dawn Black Badge, 675LT Spider, P1, 355 Spider, 458 Spider, 458 Speciale, 458 Speciale Aperta, 599 GTO, F12 TDF, LaFerrari, LaFerrari Aperta, 458 Challenge EVO, 488 GT3, 599XX EVO, FXX-K EVO. Good lord, this is what happens when you marry a fellow car nut..)

Users who are viewing this thread