Two more excellent reasons to hate Treynor

mysteed

Established Member
This thread continues to deliver. Thank you for keeping us updated with all the vehicles you purchase. I know that I for one am living vicariously through you. lol

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
$30k for an engine? Wow. I must be getting old.
For clarity, I was joking. Aside from the sacrilege of putting a Mopar motor in a historic Ford racing vehicle, the helephant is a street and strip motor, and a FIA spec GT40 needs an endurance racing motor. A period correct normally aspirated V8 is really the only way to go.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
For clarity, I was joking. Aside from the sacrilege of putting a Mopar motor in a historic Ford racing vehicle, the helephant is a street and strip motor, and a FIA spec GT40 needs an endurance racing motor. A period correct normally aspirated V8 is really the only way to go.
I was pretty sure you were just getting your buddies goat.

The $30k sticker was surprising because I have been looking at Ford crate motors for a kit car I hope to build next year. I don't believe they have any at that price. I'm really torn between going old school or using a modern, computer controlled engine.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The trinity engines were very close to $30k when you could buy them. I think they were in the $26k range.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

A period correct 427 would be cool but it would be pretty epic to see one of Ford's really exotic motors go into it like the SOHC 427 or a correct 427 but worked over by Cosworth or something. You'd have the correct motor but built by a period relevant company that built most of Ford's race engines.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Sacrilege for sure, the Ford FR9 would be a sweet setup, v8, 9000rpm redline, 850hp, NA

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The trinity engines were very close to $30k when you could buy them. I think they were in the $26k range.
Way over priced for what is. For reference a 9L extreme swap for the viper is about $27k. Ill have to find out what that motor can do boosted, but the regular 8.4L in the gen V can handle 1200hp before needing to beef up internals.

btw, @treynor, are you getting a 765LT?

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Sacrilege for sure, the Ford FR9 would be a sweet setup, v8, 9000rpm redline, 850hp, NA

I was just reading about that motor and it's actually 900hp and 10000rpm! I think the specs you cited is about what they make for NASCAR.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
btw, @treynor, are you getting a 765LT?

I ended up going a different direction - something a bit faster:
IMG_20200318_114325_585.jpg
IMG_20200318_113615_01.jpg

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Interestingly, my GT4 Mustang has a Roush-Yates racing motor in it. 585 HP, 8000 RPM, and designed for endurance racing.

A GT40 with a high-HP NA motor in it would be pretty damn sweet. Like I said, you guys are a bad influence...

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
It looks like a badass bird is on your fender in your last pic. Like a Phoenix with a giant ball of fire behind it. Pretty sweet.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Any actual comparison of the 570S GT4 and the Mustang GT4?
Are they ideally competitive with each other, or is GT4 just some fancy 'this is a track car' term here?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Any actual comparison of the 570S GT4 and the Mustang GT4?
Are they ideally competitive with each other, or is GT4 just some fancy 'this is a track car' term here?
Unless Ben ordered the sprint pack, that car should be globally homologated.

I have a feeling he went for the sprint pack lol.

Users who are viewing this thread