Two phones - same number?

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Can you have duplicate sim cards as to have two phones on the same line? I work in a bodyshop and the dust destroys my phones here.
Like to have one for work and one for tooling about.

Carrier is ATT.
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Doubt it. You can however just change the Sim card and be on your way. Get to work, change sim card to work phone, leave work and change sim card to home phone.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Mind elaborating on how a call forwarding service would work? I don't want separate lines.

I figured just swapping sims would work. Last resort, thats what ill do. I didn't know if I could request a replacement sim and just be done with it.

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
Isn't there a case available for it that protects it from dust? That's the route I would go.

strongs_2009

Established Member
I would look more into the call forwarding. Even know swapping sims is not to bad some days it will slip peoples mind. If you have the call forwarding done. No matter what the one line will always be auto sent to the other number and you'll get all your calls.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I have a work phone and personal phone when I get home from work I dial *72 then my personal number and hit send. It forwards all of my work calls to my personal phone so I only have to carry one phone in my off time. Then in the morning before work I dial *73 on my work phone and it goes back to normal. I have Verizon on both so it is a free service not sure how art will work.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I don't know what phone you have, but most popular phones have water/weather/dust resistant cases. Some are expensive, but it's still a hell of a lot cheaper than getting a second phone.

Here's an example of one for my phone: Amazon.com: Seidio CSWSSGS3-BK OBEX Waterproof Case for Samsung Galaxy S III - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

If you have a touchscreen, get one of these to use while at work: Amazon.com: DandyCase Black Waterproof Case for Apple iPhone 5, iPod Touch 5 - Also fits other Large Smartphones up to 5.3" Including Galaxy S3, HTC One X/X+, Galaxy Note 2, Droid RAZR/MAXX, Nexus 4, EVO 4G LTE, Droid Incredible, Nokia Lumia, Droid D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely consider a full protection case. They're made for situations like this, and some provide complete dust protection. It will save you from having to pay for a second phone and having to swap cards all the time. JMO.

These two are highly recommended for what you're wanting.

OTTERBOX DEFENDER $50

BALLISTIC HARD CORE $50

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
I've had the otterbox defender on both my Atrix and One X. While they prolonged the life, they still got filthy, dust gets around the camera lens and into the speakers. I can barely hear out of the HTC due to dust build up. I have a Note 2 I wanted.l to start using, but don't want to ruin it. I didn't think about the bag like posted above. I use one at the lake.during the summer. That may be an option. Thanks!

StiEtr

Established Member
I am running the lifeproof on my iPhone. Water proof and phone always looks brand new.

Death to all DROIDS!

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
No. The network cannot support two sims with the same number.

Otterbox has a new case that's badass. Get that. Or a lifeproof with their new guarantee.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
No. The network cannot support two sims with the same number.

Otterbox has a new case that's badass. Get that. Or a lifeproof with their new guarantee.

This.

Spoke to a Tmobile rep last week about this since I have had a few sims over the years just quit working. Wanted to have a spare with me for if it happens again. As soon as one is activated, it shuts down any other sim tied to the number.

OP- Maybe consider getting a cheap prepaid. Most carriers have pretty good deals on them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread