TY PP off the lot

Lagometer

Established Member
Went down to talk with my dealer. There was a Magnetic V6 (I gave it a friendly pat as I walked by) a black 5.0 non PP and a competition orange PP. But then, well behind them, covered in snow, looking forlorn, sad and lonely, sat a TY PP with the anniversary appearance package, nav and premium stereo. It had 89 miles on it, which meant it was getting used as a demo or take home car. I knew I had to rescue it because it simply wasn't getting the respect it deserved from those professional wranglers with their spurs and whips. On the way out, I ordered the Borla cat back, black tip exhaust. It's dark outside so pics will come tomorrow. I asked about the corralled pony grill and was told the PP package deletes the corral, as far as they can tell and they've been asking lots of questions.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
If that's the case, then it's another Ford boner car. It's got the badge on the dash and rear panel, white stitching, the dash panel and a GT grill - no corral, no chrome tail lights.

Yah it must be another oops car. Does it have the 50 years Pony embossed on the front seats?

another oops car? what is going on? redline recaro interior is jacked and now this. any photos op?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I think you made out well. Got the good parts of the 50th pack (stitching and wheels) and not the bad parts (corral and chrome taillights). Congrats!

Lagometer

Established Member
OK, updates. I'm new to Mustangs and serious performance.

I've talked to the dealer. They pulled the build list for my car, another Mustang with a 50th anny appearance package and PP, and another Mustang with the 50th anny appearance package, but without the PP. Both of the PP Mustangs have the GT grill w/o the insert, while the Mustang w/o the PP package has the corral insert. More importantly, they are all correct to their build sheets. None are a "misbuild".

Lagometer

Established Member
Congrats on the best and fastest color available On the Mustang

Thanks! We know that with Pikatu's natural colors and a Pokeball shift knob, horse power is an abstract term. At least according to the 7 & 12 y/o's who helped me with color choices.

61a0eba778720e2b2834a2d3df505ce4.jpg

Last edited:

Lagometer

Established Member
Mods

Notes for myself:

Forgestar CF5 19x10 - Michelin Pilot AS3's - Mounted - Sweet,Sweet Traction at 40F.
FRPP Touring Exhaust - Installed
Craig's "No Drill" front plate mount - Installed
Redline hood struts - installed
MGW Race Spec shifter in the house, waiting for install.
BAS - 2015+ Mustang GT Oil Separator - waiting for install

Love the Mustang, chicks dig it.

Last edited:

Lagometer

Established Member
I got word that my Forgestars are in finishing and will be on their way soon. Unfortunately the TPMS sensors, with their unique 2015 frequencies, are back ordered from Ford. My dealer says they are expected to be in the system by Feb 16. Because so many small parts are outsourced, I suspect the the longshoreman's work slowdown may have something to do with it. There is also a strike looming that will slow things down much more. In the mean time, my MGW shifter is on it's way to my door by Wednesday, 2/11. Nothing the system about a cold air intake and tune kit from FRPP yet.

Users who are viewing this thread