UFC 131 Jr Dos Santos VS Shane Carwin

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Is anybody going to be tuning into this fight ? I am pretty exited for it cause both guys are probably going to want to decapitate eachother with a KO . Also I am interested to see how Kenny Florian does against Nunes @ 145
Anybodys thoughts ??? :beer:

ZFan88

Established Member
I'm excited for the fights, especially heavyweights. I think Dos Santos will win, but it'll be a brawl, so you never know what will happen. I haven't looked into the other fights, but I'll be watching them for sure

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
i'm thinking 95% chance brawl, 5% chance it turns into a zzzzzzzzz wrestling match.

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Everybody seems to think Dos Santos will win , I havnt heard anybody say they think Carwin will but I have a feeling he will beat Dos Santos .. who knows though .. whoever connects to the chin first

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Im betting on Junior Two Saints, but Shane has been training like a madman i hear. I just hope for hsi sake he doesnt pull a Griffin and overtrain/undernourish and just get obliterated. Also **** Florian i hope he gets destroyed by Nunes

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I kinda think that Dos Santos will win but I
pulling for America for all the fights

Evil_GT

KB-E85
Established Member
Carwin will knock Dos Santos out I think. They both are the best strikers I believe in the HW division.

Carwin use to walk around at 285-295 and have to lose 20+lbs in the week of his fight to cut weight. He know I believe is in the 240's, but said he would gain 5-10lbs the week of the fight. He is alot leaner and in ALOT better condition.

JDS can strike damn well, but I think if Carwin catches him with a good one, it will be goodnight for Dos Santos, and quick. This will be a 1 or 2 rounder.

STREETFIGHTER50

Established Member
Yeah this is a pretty good card! Think JDS will be too fast on the feet for Carwin... Been waiting for Dave Herman to finally get in with the big dogs of MMA... Don't let Rosa's looks fool you either!
My picks:
Junior Dos Santos vs. Shane Carwin - DOS SANTOS
Jon Olav Einemo vs. Dave Herman - HERMAN
Vagner Rocha vs. Donald Cerrone - CERRONE
Demian Maia vs. Mark Munoz - MUNOZ
Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes - FLORIAN
Sam Stout vs. Yves Edwards - STOUT
Jesse Bongfeldt vs. Chris Weidman - WEIDMAN
Dustin Poirier vs. Jason Young - YOUNG
Krzystof Soszynksi vs. Mike Massenzio - SOSZYNSKI
Nick Ring vs. James Head - RING
Joey Beltran vs. Aaron Rosa- ROSA
Darren Elkins vs. Michihiro Omigawa - OMIGAWA

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Carwin will knock Dos Santos out I think. They both are the best strikers I believe in the HW division.

Carwin use to walk around at 285-295 and have to lose 20+lbs in the week of his fight to cut weight. He know I believe is in the 240's, but said he would gain 5-10lbs the week of the fight. He is alot leaner and in ALOT better condition.

JDS can strike damn well, but I think if Carwin catches him with a good one, it will be goodnight for Dos Santos, and quick. This will be a 1 or 2 rounder.

I agree , Carwin walked on the scale @ 154 and dos santos was 239 , Carwin cut 30 lbs by the beginning of his training camp then stayed at around 155 for the whole camp so I think he has his endurance and cardio much more maintained and , He has aparently been eating alot better . I do not think that carwin will walk out of this fight without taking at leaste a little bit of damage/punches but I trully believe he will pull off the upset and KO Dos santos ... I believe 1st round . Junior couldnt put away Roy Nelson giving him his best shots . I just believe Cawin will have enouph time to connect with a good one . and when he connects clean he drops everyone . I dont think he will get tired by the time he connects . He has connected good with every opponent . It will be a really touph brawl though .

rudyyr

Established Member
carwin was extremely slow or dos santos was quicker..carwins face showed the summary of the fight...carwin got his ass kicked..basically

Dark_5.0

Established Member
I think Florian needs to donate a kidney and try and make 135 lbs. He got put on his ass twice. Aldo would easily beat Florian IMO. The Jon Olav Einemo vs. Dave Herman fight was pretty entertaining and the Sam Stout KO was nasty!!!

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
I think Florian needs to donate a kidney and try and make 135 lbs. He got put on his ass twice. Aldo would easily beat Florian IMO. The Jon Olav Einemo vs. Dave Herman fight was pretty entertaining and the Sam Stout KO was nasty!!!

yup...

[youtube_browser]GiYF1bG1tAw[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread