Ugh. Can I get a definitive on 315 GS-D3's and spacers?

Bockfipher

Established Member
I really need to find a definitive answer regarding spacers for this setup. I've been reading about this for two weeks now and there doesn't seem to be a solid concrete answer. Has anyone done this setup recently that can give me a solid answer?

315/35/17 Goodyear GS-D3's
Stock springs
17x10.5 replicas from American Muscle (6.8" backspace/27mm offset),
MM IRS bolts

Thanks!

Chas

Established Member
I have AFS 10.5 wheels, 315 GS-D3s and use a 3/8 spacer. I have about an 1/8 inch of clearance at full suspension drop. Results may vary.

slitherin' 03

Banned
315's on a 10.5 for me and I had the button head IRS bolt. No prob there. I used a 1/4'' spacer and still had major rubbing issues on fender lip and inside fender well over heavy bumps. Every car has different tolerances. It's trial and error. Get the wheel and tire on then see what you need. Use washers on the backside of the wheel initially to determine what spacer you need....if any.

oldmodman

Established Member
03 Cobra, 17x10.5 AFS wheels and Goodyear 315's. I machined my bolt heads, use 3/8 spacers, and rolled my fender lips just as a precaution since I already owned the Eastwood Fender Roller. I have never heard a scrape at full compression. The tires did not hit the fender lips even before I rolled them.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
AFS 10.5s GS-D3 315's w a 3/8" spacer and stock irs bolts... Get the spacers

P1010931.jpg

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Every one is going to vary depending on the alignment they have on the car. It may work for some and not for others. Just try it yourself, what the worse that could happen? You need a spacer or have to grind the bolt? Its not like its a life or death decision.

Bockfipher

Established Member
Thanks to everyone for the input.

I've decided on:

-MM IRS bolts
-LFP 3/8 Hubcentric spacers
-Moroso 3" studs

Not sure about lugs yet, but they're a lot easier to come by locally than spacers, so I think I should be good to go. Hopefully, I won't have to roll the fenders, but I'm prepared to do it if need be. Thanks again for all the input from those of you running the same setup. Y'all were a helluva lot more definitive than the 40-50 pages of threads with a thousand different answers.

Striped97

Established Member
So let me extend this a little, i'm running a 1" spacer i believe (on it when i bought the car, found out when i had to put my nittos on) and as far as i know i just have the reg wheel studs. tried without the spacer but it would just barely touch the bolt, so they left the spacer on and i dont rub the fenders either. So am i good to go or would yall be worried about the lugs not on good enough???

Bockfipher

Established Member
Striped97,
I think if there is any question at all, you'd be better off going with longer studs. It's a pretty inexpensive fix for peace of mind.

Bockfipher

Established Member
Ugh. I just got my setup together and...well, it sucks. The drivers side sticks out way too far and the passenger side is fine.
I've got a rub somewhere too but haven't had a chance to take a look at it yet.

This is turning out to be more problematic than I expected. Might take a while.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Ugh. I just got my setup together and...well, it sucks. The drivers side sticks out way too far and the passenger side is fine.
I've got a rub somewhere too but haven't had a chance to take a look at it yet.

This is turning out to be more problematic than I expected. Might take a while.

Your alignment is whacked out if your drivers side is in a different position that your passenger side.

Users who are viewing this thread