Uh oh.....damn that's loud! Sounds like my exhaust.....

L1GHTN1NG SVT

Established Member
Well I was coming back from Wendy's tonight on my way to work, I was going around a turn from a red light and I wanted to kick out the tail a little which I did with no problem, just having fun. When I noticed a problem I've been having ever since I got the truck, I didn't want to let off the gas............lol. Make a long story short I was hammering on it all the way until about 70 when I hear a VERY deep rumbling coming from drivers floorboard. It's extremely loud inside the cab of the truck now but outside nothing sounds or seems to be loose. To be honest it sounds like I have headers on the damn thing but I don't yet :shrug: . Oh well I'm taking it to get looked at tomorrow morning, the good news is I think this will give me a way to justify getting some headers. Looking at the Bassani's but they are awful expensive and their website sucks they don't have any sound bytes of stuff installed on the truck at least that i've seen. I think I may have just blown a Cat or possibly a seal at the exhaust manifold though. No check engine light though so I'm not sure. Anyone have any suggestions on what kind of headers have that "I'm gonna eat your leg off" sound, and some sites to buy them from?

camcojb

Established Member
I'm guessing your cat-back pulled loose from the mid-pipes. Happened to me with my truck and the stock exhaust. Gets real loud in a hurry.

Jody

OH-MAN

Established Member
camcojb said:
I'm guessing your cat-back pulled loose from the mid-pipes. Happened to me with my truck and the stock exhaust. Gets real loud in a hurry.

Jody

Most likely what happened, Lots of other folks as well as myself had a bit of a fight getting the stock catback off. Must be a sign that you need a Bassani or Maggy. :idea:

L1GHTN1NG SVT

Established Member
Yep....

Yep that was the problem, took it out for a test drive on my lunch and when I came back I got under it and the exhaust is dangling, looks like i'll be taking the long ride home, no highway for me :whine: don't exactly want the fockin thing to fall off and run over it and then have to replace $300 tire LOL. I'm taking it in to the shop first thing in the morning, think I want a performance upgrade, any suggestions? Keep in mind I want to get it fixed so I can't order any special parts like I would want to, AKA Bassani. Any suggestions for immediate satisfaction? I have places here in town with Magnaflow and Flowmaster's, which would be preferred? Thanks again for all the help.

ShaneN.

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
MAGNAFLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/lightmagna.htm

I love my magnaflow. I like knowing the the o/d is on and i'm cruising it can sound tame but when you open it up or turn the o/f it growls :bowdown: biggestjohnson (off of this site) changed my shift points in my tune so it i get a bit more sound out of it :pepper: :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread