Uhh oh :(( What happened

paluka21

Established Member
Car started holding at 2000 rpm on its own. Turned it off and the smoke was coming from under the hood. Looks to be drivers side firewall area. Smells like the kind of burning plastic that will sting your eyes

Just drove it again and it ran fine till it got hot again.

Is something leaking (oil) onto your exhaust? Have you had the chance to verify if any fluids are leaking at seals near the back of the motor?

Snoopy49

Established Member
The sticking idle could be interference in the throttle body. Visually check the throttle plates and make sure they are clean and free to move.

impactblue

Established Member
The sticking idle could be interference in the throttle body. Visually check the throttle plates and make sure they are clean and free to move.

I'll have to check it all. I just don't know what it burning. Doesn't look like anything is touching headers

paluka21

Established Member
How would that cause sticking idle???

Hanging idle or just sticking? The hanging idle I was referring to possibly from an air leak or unmonitored air getting into the motor from a gasket leak at the lower intake manifold, which would also account for the smoke/burning from oil leaking onto exhaust. Just a thought, but its kind of hard to ascertain what the problem could be based on your posts. Best bet is to just dig into the car to see what you can find.

impactblue

Established Member
Hanging idle or just sticking? The hanging idle I was referring to possibly from an air leak or unmonitored air getting into the motor from a gasket leak at the lower intake manifold, which would also account for the smoke/burning from oil leaking onto exhaust. Just a thought, but its kind of hard to ascertain what the problem could be based on your posts. Best bet is to just dig into the car to see what you can find.

I drove it again last night and it drove perfect until it got hot again and started smoking again

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
your idle issue might have something to do with a recall on the wiring harness. I saw somewhere 13-14 GT500 had a wiring harness issue

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I would like to thank billet pro shop and Jdm engineering for everything. Went through a lot with the car but you guys have the car exactly the way it should have been from the factory. This thread can die now

What else did billet pro shop do?

lvxlr8n

Established Member
Glad it is all figured out and running good. I definitely want to do cams in the future. Your Car sounds kick ass!

Users who are viewing this thread