Uhhh...what!....Why...poor truck :(

2001SVTTRUCK

Established Member
NNOOOooo! why go with anything but the 5.4L S/C... it's a limited production vehicle and they wanna put a cookie cuter CHEVY engine in it.

s|ck

Established Member
xen9ds.jpg

330mach1

Established Member
probably sold the drivetrain to pay off the truck and couldn't afford anything to make it fast,reliable,or look good

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Everyone knows how expensive a built motor/5.4 can be, and probably decided to go pushrod because they didn't have the funds. You can find a used pushrod cheap, especially a Chevy...Probably found a setup for 1k or less with tranny..

There was a time that I was going to go with a BB Ford Crate motor after I blew my motor the first time but decided not to...Sometimes I wish i would have went that route.

It's easy to spend 12-15K on a decently built motor with supporting mods. Obviously there are plenty of used L stock motors around but maybe the owner didn't have the funds to afford one when he needed one.

With the market driving the prices on these trucks down they are much easier to afford. It's easy to forsee some newbie blowing a motor and looking for an easy cheaper way out. Who knows. Different strokes for different folks.

On a side note it's nice to see something different other than the same ole cookie cutter setup that everyone else is doing....Although, I personally would never throw a chevy motor in a Ford truck.

Gus00SVTL

SVT Lightning/6.2L Raptor
Established Member
I would've liked to be in this guys head when his thought process went from 5.4L to Chevy....:??:

SWAMPMODULAR

FAIRWARNING
Established Member
PINELLAS PARK is the answer your looking for. I have seen more meth head git-r-dun's in that area than any other around Tampa Bay.

Users who are viewing this thread