Ultimate Street 2011 GT Build Suggestions Wanted

CPRsm

You think cars need 750ft/lbs at 2500 ? Made the most at that competition. KOTS is not the only competition for street cars. Nor is 1200hp even close to being the highest HP street car. I just went to similar one where the compound car didn't even place. Actually a TT500 non compound put him out of the competition. Heavy gt500 Vs TT compound GT. I believe the top 10 or more finishers were all turbo cars. Don't get me wrong. Not discrediting Tony. I BS with him on the Ph every once in a while actually. But he knows which is more efficient. Hell if you want fast spooling add a 50 shot to a turbo setup. At least after it's spooled it turns off. The blower does it's job, then becomes a major parasite.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
The car I mentioned wasnt a fox body (although same basic chassis), but it weighed over 3700 pounds.......and like I said, YOU are the one assuming that the car IS going to a track, when it's not. You realize there is middle ground right, that other things exist besides stock rearends & Currie 9" rears?
yea, fox-based meaning chassis.

i'm not assuming that the car will ever go to the track. the difference is that i believe in building the entire car up, not just parts and pieces. if the owner ever says to him self "ah, what the hell" and takes it to the track, then he'll have a car capable of withstanding the punishment. and if he doesn't, then he has the piece of mind that he could.

i never said there wasn't a 'middle ground'. the only problem is that the 'middle ground' is that your stuck with a spool or an unproven LS. GT500 guys are looking for 33 spline rear ends, and that's not happening in an 8.8 without going to a spool which obviously hurts streetability. auburn and strange both have limited slips in 33 spline, but i have yet to hear any reviews on them. so you can go with a 31 spline built 8.8 and potentially twist some axles(again, let me reference the GT500 guys on that one), take a chance on some unproven 8.8 33 spline diffs, or go with the tried and true bolt in 9". unless you want to throw out some odd ball axle that no one would ever logically pick that is.

again, we obviously have difference design philosophies(my "do it once" vs your "just enough"), i don't see the point in going back and forth when we're obviously not gonna agree.

Users who are viewing this thread