Ultimate Street 2011 GT Build Suggestions Wanted

acrbill

Established Member
The manual trans should hold up, especially if he just want a street car since it won't get the same abuse as a track car launching at 6k on slicks. Just upgrade the clutch.

Put a wide sticky drag radial out back and then focus on the motor.

Ditty

Established Member
In my opinion, (which isn't worth much if you ask some people) a TWIN Turbo setup is the ONLY way you're going to be the "King" of anything with anything close to a $20k budget.

If this was MY car and MY $$$...this is what I would be thinking about:
1. MMR BUILT to the sky engine. EVERYTHING they can do. $10k (est.)
2. KenB's Twin setup. Guessing $8k (pricing hasn't been set. Hell, the kit is still in testing)
3. NITROUS, and LOTS of it 100shot or better. $800 (around here, it's running $75-80 to fill a 15lb bottle)
4. Assorted boost controls/tunes/nitrous assesories etc. $1500 (to be on the safe side)
5. Suspension mods. Thinking a Watts Link,etc. $4000 (est.)
6. Wheels/Tires $2000
7. FRPP Boss Radiator/engine oil cooler. $500-ish (I'm too lazy to actually look-up the price)
8. Fuel mods. $600 (Can't remember the exact price or vendor off the top of my head. The Jackal fuel system.)
9. Exhaust. $500-1000 (You can get one made at a local shop or get a kit depending on KenB's turbo hot-side routing)
10. Life Insurance Policy/Bail Money/Lawyer Fees $5000(easily) (You ARE going to do one of the following three driving this on the street daily and/or street racing; Kill Your Self, Kill Someone Else, and/or Get arrested!

That's an estimated $32,350...ON TOP of the $25-30k for the car!!! And I've left out a LOT of the small things.
Are you, or your friend, prepared to spend MORE than the car is worth NEW on modifications for something that will barely be street drivable, probably not very safe, and expensive as HELL to get around in? Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to have a street legal race car, but it just isn't worth it.

Have Fun!

BlackMamba3

Established Member
In my opinion, (which isn't worth much if you ask some people) a TWIN Turbo setup is the ONLY way you're going to be the "King" of anything with anything close to a $20k budget.

If this was MY car and MY $$$...this is what I would be thinking about:
1. MMR BUILT to the sky engine. EVERYTHING they can do. $10k (est.)
2. KenB's Twin setup. Guessing $8k (pricing hasn't been set. Hell, the kit is still in testing)
3. NITROUS, and LOTS of it 100shot or better. $800 (around here, it's running $75-80 to fill a 15lb bottle)
4. Assorted boost controls/tunes/nitrous assesories etc. $1500 (to be on the safe side)
5. Suspension mods. Thinking a Watts Link,etc. $4000 (est.)
6. Wheels/Tires $2000
7. FRPP Boss Radiator/engine oil cooler. $500-ish (I'm too lazy to actually look-up the price)
8. Fuel mods. $600 (Can't remember the exact price or vendor off the top of my head. The Jackal fuel system.)
9. Exhaust. $500-1000 (You can get one made at a local shop or get a kit depending on KenB's turbo hot-side routing)
10. Life Insurance Policy/Bail Money/Lawyer Fees $5000(easily) (You ARE going to do one of the following three driving this on the street daily and/or street racing; Kill Your Self, Kill Someone Else, and/or Get arrested!

That's an estimated $32,350...ON TOP of the $25-30k for the car!!! And I've left out a LOT of the small things.
Are you, or your friend, prepared to spend MORE than the car is worth NEW on modifications for something that will barely be street drivable, probably not very safe, and expensive as HELL to get around in? Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to have a street legal race car, but it just isn't worth it.

Have Fun!

The Jackel system is made by BBR and it's $1,500.

Ditty

Established Member
The Jackel system is made by BBR and it's $1,500.

Well there you go. Add another $900 to that list. That's OVER $33,000.....just in performance to be "King of the Street"....and then Kill yourself/someone else/get arrested and have the car crushed (if your in CA!) LOL. Sorry CA guys! HAD to give a little dig on that.

Of course, you could just start selling drugs, make the $$$ and not care about any of the above.

BlackMamba3

Established Member
With only a $20K budget, the car this guy is talking about stands no chance at "King of the Street". I mentioned earlier to him that I could easily drop that money on a built 5.0 motor.

CPRsm

What makes you think a car with that much HP makes you irresponsible? Got a 1000hp pump gas car, nobodies died as a result of it yet.

Ditty

Established Member
What makes you think a car with that much HP makes you irresponsible? Got a 1000hp pump gas car, nobodies died as a result of it yet.

I was refering the the obvious fact that this "build" would basically be a 'street racing" vehicle.

98ss88mm

Established Member
Its not as bad as most people think. No one on the hwy at 1 am, no weaving through traffic and being a douche. Its actually pretty safe.

Ditty

Established Member
Tell that to the families of those killed/injured in street racing accidents! Just take it to the track. Much less likely to have an accident, and if you do, even less of a chance of someone else getting hurt. AND...no worrying about the Po-Po.
I've street raced in my younger days, so I'm not all 'Holier Than Thou". I just realize that it's friggin' retarded when the track is an option.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Tell that to the families of those killed/injured in street racing accidents! Just take it to the track. Much less likely to have an accident, and if you do, even less of a chance of someone else getting hurt. AND...no worrying about the Po-Po.
I've street raced in my younger days, so I'm not all 'Holier Than Thou". I just realize that it's friggin' retarded when the track is an option.

Look up some drunk driving statistics sometime. I have never met ONE PERSON who was anti street racing that didnt drive drunk/buzzed or messed up on something at some point. Then again, thats the "cool" thing to do.

What makes you think the track is an option? I wasnt aware you were a human GPS with the ability to pin point track locations to every poster's whereabouts.

Tom Tom & Garmin will be out of business soon.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
My vote is basic forged shortblock, cams, Vortech, and 150 shot. I dunno why somebody mentioned a Currie 9"? You can take an 8.8 WAY off into the 8's, hell, if you never launch the car hard, you can get away with alot less.

Actually my vote is superclean fox body with a Dart 363 setup, or a 408, turbo, ac, ps, everything, and a T56........or a C6 Z06 with a power adder, but the stock motor wont take it, could do an LS3 car also.....or buy a C5 Z06 with a giant cammed 402 *hint-hint* ;)

98ss88mm

Established Member
Some of you girls are gay bro. I said king of the street as a reference point, any douche in here that thinks I was trying to build the fastest car ever for 50k is a total idiot. It was simply a reference point, as in when you go out on the weekends or run into the average modded car and want to bust a quick run off you never have to worry. Thank you to the few people who werent ass clowns.

Fox body is the ugliest car ever made? Back to the kitchen!

Last edited:

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
That'd be cool if the Fox body wasn't one of the ugliest cars ever produced.

Yea, so ugly that nice ones still sell for almost as much as they did new, and are one of the most sought after performance cars ever made. Are you a woman by chance? Only women (usually ugly ones too for some reason?) complain about the looks of a fox, or import owners.

yotemotor2012

Established Member
What kind of responses do you seriously expect when not only your comment sounded ricey as hell, but it was also as vague as it can get. "Street king" really? :nonono:
Not to mention you're probably still not going to see a liter bike any where near from a dig... maybe if you did a 60 roll with them..

Set a hp goal or a certain ET/Trap you want to get at and you will get more accurate answers.

First of all how can you criticize anyone when you go into another thread about a twin turbo build and tell the builder the setup is wrong. Then you say someones question is ricey but in the twin turbo thread you ask if the kit is twinscroll? Twinscroll is just something that Full-Race uses to promote with and it is not a blanket statement for divided turbo manifolds. Twinscroll is just what every ricer on honda-tech uses to describe any type of divided turbo manifolds. Then you come up with this har har har story about your 700 hp civic beating a liter bike? You have a vid or any proof of this claim? The poster also said it would be a highway car, who runs a bike from a dig on the street?

What I am really getting at is there is no reason to come into a thread to bash or talk down to people when you don't even know what you are talking about yourself.

Also to the original poster I would probably go with what everyone else said and do a turbo kit with a built motor. That should be more than enough power for a street car.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
What about fuel system & clutch ?
that's why i said $18.5k minimum, leaving out a lot of other things like wheels, fuel system, drive shaft, trans mods, etc. that number was basically to lay out how much a 1000HP car will cost.

I dunno why somebody mentioned a Currie 9"? You can take an 8.8 WAY off into the 8's, hell, if you never launch the car hard, you can get away with alot less.
"if you never launch the car hard...", IMO that just sounds like a half assed build. your assuming that the guy will never ever take the car to the dragstrip, or saying "if you do, don't launch it!!!" what's the point? it's just ridiculous to build a 1000HP car and upgrade everything to support that except for the rear end.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
that's why i said $18.5k minimum, leaving out a lot of other things like wheels, fuel system, drive shaft, trans mods, etc. that number was basically to lay out how much a 1000HP car will cost.

"if you never launch the car hard...", IMO that just sounds like a half assed build. your assuming that the guy will never ever take the car to the dragstrip, or saying "if you do, don't launch it!!!" what's the point? it's just ridiculous to build a 1000HP car and upgrade everything to support that except for the rear end.

Im not assuming anything, he wont be taking the car to the track often, if at all. It will likely be an auto car, so it wont be nearly as hard on parts. 1000 hp car is NOTHING for an 8.8 to handle. Is a 9" stronger? Yes, so is a GM 14 Bolt or a Dana, gotta draw the line somewhere.

I have owned a 1000 hp 99 GT (well, not for long myself, but was around the car PLENTY when my friend built it, and knew it inside and out before it was even mine), it had a stock rear for A LONG TIME (years with different combos), then it had same stock rear with Moser 28 splines. Car didnt ever go to the track until it was an auto, but it left so soft (even leaving off of the footbrake with the e brake pulled, stalled as hard as it could) it never broke, that was making around 800 flywheel, even on kill mode once it still never broke anything. Previous to that, it was a stick shift car with a 5.4, DOHC, Vortech, and a 300 shot, it made 904 rwtq, if it had went to the track with that, it would have broken to a billion pieces on the first pass.

Transmission, and power application power comes on makes a huge difference in longevity.

I would still do some stuff to the rearend, just wouldnt see the point in going all out for a 9" unless building a high powered stick shift cars with FULL INTENTIONS of making lots of track passes.

D.T.R

Established Member
First of all how can you criticize anyone when you go into another thread about a twin turbo build and tell the builder the setup is wrong. Then you say someones question is ricey but in the twin turbo thread you ask if the kit is twinscroll? Twinscroll is just something that Full-Race uses to promote with and it is not a blanket statement for divided turbo manifolds. Twinscroll is just what every ricer on honda-tech uses to describe any type of divided turbo manifolds. Then you come up with this har har har story about your 700 hp civic beating a liter bike? You have a vid or any proof of this claim? The poster also said it would be a highway car, who runs a bike from a dig on the street?

What I am really getting at is there is no reason to come into a thread to bash or talk down to people when you don't even know what you are talking about yourself.

Also to the original poster I would probably go with what everyone else said and do a turbo kit with a built motor. That should be more than enough power for a street car.

First of all, I never said his setup was wrong or in anyway type or form discredited the work put in or any of the parts in the build. Somebody else brought up that it could creep due to the positioning of the wastegate and I agreed with that. The dude said it didn't creep, and that's all there is to that.
Since when a car is ricey for having a twin scroll manifold? wow... you're just a little bit off lmao. Twinscroll manifolds aren't just used in Hondas, fyi. Where do you get that I have a civic from ? lmao, i guess that's the only Honda narrow minded people like you know huh wow..

Anyways, back to on topic. And wow, seems like $20k won't do SO much.
Set a whp goal and see how far you can get with the money you have.

Last edited:

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
First of all, I never said his setup was wrong or in anyway type or form discredited the work put in or any of the parts in the build. Somebody else brought up that it could creep due to the positioning of the wastegate and I agreed with that. The dude said it didn't creep, and that's all there is to that.
Since when a car is ricey for having a twin scroll manifold? wow... you're just a little bit off lmao. Twinscroll manifolds aren't just used in Hondas, fyi. Where do you get that I have a civic from ? lmao, i guess that's the only Honda narrow minded people like you know huh wow..

Anyways, back to on topic. And wow, seems like $20k won't do SO much.
Set a whp goal and see how far you can get with the money you have.

You both have Hondas, yall should hug! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread