Umm, Yeah, So, About That Man Made Climate Change

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Regardless of beliefs of man made climate change, I am excited and hopeful the EPA sets up a red team blue team review process soon. Should give both sides more leverage in scientific discussions is the government.

Nothing wrong with letting "devils advocate" have a more vocal opinion. Sometimes they have a viewpoint or method the "mainstream" over looked. Sometimes, it just proves how wrong the devils advocate was.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
It repaired itself actually.

ya don't say. that hole was the rave back in the day. teachers pointing to it and prophesizing we'll all be in radiation suits -- scaring us kids (at the time).

i look at it the same way i do with climate change now. it's the new fad to scare children. wondering which scare tactic will eventually last longer.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
IMG_0488.JPG

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Man made or not,i don't think there is any real proof that we did or didn't contribute to the problem.

Emissions are a big part of the reason that they developed EFI, I am pretty happy that cars like the GT350 have north of 500hp and gets 20+ MPG. I am old enough to have had a new '69 RoadRunner 440 6pack that may have got 7mpg if you babied it

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Dont you think that it is odd that parts of central Africa saw record high temps from satellite data, but in same graph earlier shows the same area with no data available? Look for yourself.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...fia-caught-tampering-with-the-evidence-again/

It's ****ing junk science, plain and simple. And no, I dont care that my link is from Breitbart because what liberal source is going to dare question man made global warming?

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Dont you think that it is odd that parts of central Africa saw record high temps from satellite data, but in same graph earlier shows the same area with no data available? Look for yourself.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...fia-caught-tampering-with-the-evidence-again/

It's ****ing junk science, plain and simple. And no, I dont care that my link is from Breitbart because what liberal source is going to dare question man made global warming?

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I saw a video where physisist william happer had commented on there being gaps in sattelite data. He had commented the data we get is very good, but we need to invest in the network so we don't have lapses of data as we can't really know what happened in those gaps.

cbj5259

Established Member
The climate changed thousands of times before man even appeared on the planet. It's going to change a thousand more times after we eventually disappear. The earth is billions of years old and homosapiens have only been here for a few hundred thousand years, give or take. If the history of the earth up to this point was a 100 yard football field, humans showed up at the one inch line to the end zone. Do we contribute to climate change? Maybe minutely, but not enough to change the inevitable fact that the climate is going to change with or without us.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I saw a video where physisist william happer had commented on there being gaps in sattelite data. He had commented the data we get is very good, but we need to invest in the network so we don't have lapses of data as we can't really know what happened in those gaps.

Then what is exposed in the article is proof of a blatant fabrication by "climate scientists."

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Then what is exposed in the article is proof of a blatant fabrication by "climate scientists."

I didn't actually read the article yet lol. But I would not be surprised if there were fabrication. Climate scientists have been caught altering data before. Something this politicized simply can't escape human faults. Greed and corruption are pretty much guaranteed to be baked in at the top.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I didn't actually read the article yet lol. But I would not be surprised if there were fabrication. Climate scientists have been caught altering data before. Something this politicized simply can't escape human faults. Greed and corruption are pretty much guaranteed to be baked in at the top.

Definitely check it out, it's interesting. The author has a number of articles and seems to be one of the guys that is really going after this false narrative.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Definitely check it out, it's interesting. The author has a number of articles and seems to be one of the guys that is really going after this false narrative.

I'm definitely going to read it.

I'm all for emissions requirements to protect everyone's health. Everyone wants clean air, water, and food. The EPA has definitely helped there to an extent. We don't want to walk around with gas masks because of pollution. (looking at you China...)

I personally don't think man made climate change is what all the experts say it is. I believe some of them probably truly believe it. I also think a lot of them are trying to prove it so they continue getting a paycheck. There is huge fortunes to be made in carbon credits and carbon taxes and such.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Sorta skimmed the article. Some of these places with no thermometer recordings are so remote and desolate, its unrealistic to build and maintain a weather station.

Some of these places where we have too small of a long term data set (especially if its sporadic), because its only from satellites and no thermometer readings probably shouldn't be used quite the same as other data sets where we have hundreds of years of data, which is still a small data set in the grand scheme of things. I'm not saying ignore the data, but with such little data outliers can seem more significant than they are.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The earth is roughly 4.5 billion years old. We have steady recorded temperatures for less than 200 years. Do you know how infinitesimal that is? It's the equivalent of having 1 second of data since the earth came into existence. Yet these clowns are going to tell me what impact man is having on the climate. **** outta here.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Glad to see SVTP Science Team 1™ displays an acute knowledge of scientific research practices and makes hasty conclusions because of a single, so far unrepeatable claim based on taking the temperatures of extraterrestrial bodies and comparing them to Earth.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Glad to see SVTP Science Team 1™ displays an acute knowledge of scientific research practices and makes hasty conclusions because of a single, so far unrepeatable claim based on taking the temperatures of extraterrestrial bodies and comparing them to Earth.
Lol, with a statistically small amount of hand selected celestial bodies in a futile attempt to support a pretty poorly written research paper that smacks of political influence. I am slightly dumber for having read it.

My favorite excerpts were where they tell you flat out that they started their "research" under bias and where they make the claim that no "grant" funding was used. In other words, it was a "for profit" research paper.

Users who are viewing this thread