underbody paint color??

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
I have a bright atlantic blue cobra and I'm getting ready to put in subframe connectors. I want to paint them to match the rest of the underside of the car but it's a slightly different color than the exterior. I've been able to find the exterior color code no problem, but no luck finding out what ford used on the underside and inside the engine bay. Anybody know?

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I didn't know subframe Connectors went into the engine bay, are you talking about a strut tower brace?

BraMas

Established Member
I'm pretty sure what your seeing is the Blue Base coat. Ford is not going to go through the time and effort to put a clear coat on the bottom of your car.
Your best bet is to go to a local paint supplier for body shops in your area give them your paint code and just buy the Base Coat.
Or just paint everything chassis black

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
Yes I know subframe connectors don't go into the engine bay. I was referring to the color. Have some basecoat already and it doesn't match under the hood or under the car. I'm not really thinking that ford went through the trouble to paint the car two different collors so much as mayce its a colored sealing primer. I also need to touch uo my inner fender/strut tower area where my battery leaked and messed up the paint as well.

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
Update: called the paint supplier back and I'm guessing that I spoke with somebody a little more knowledgeable. The first person just sold me the exterior basecoat and said that was what they used under the hood and under the car. Second person told me that's not right asked for my paint code and said he found the right stuff. He said the stuff he was giving me was not simply basecoat but a single stage paint that is also not metallic. As soon as I get it I can tell you if it matches. If anybody wants to know.:p

Users who are viewing this thread