Unlocking Features with Forscan

52merc

Established Member
Just finished unlocking some hidden features using Forscan and an OBD interface. This stuff is awesome. For now the mods made to my 16 Lariat are:
  1. Disabled the annoying double honk if you leave the truck and close the driver door with the engine running.
  2. Enabled Quick Boot - Disables the "FORD" logo from showing up on the 8"display during start-up. This speeds up the boot process so your menus/normal display shows up in seconds.
  3. Disabled the annoying chimes during start-up.
  4. Changed the Panic mode to 2 presses of the Panic Button on the FOB to prevent accidental actuation.
  5. Change the Panic mode to flash parking lights only, no horn beep.
  6. Changed the turn signal lane change from 3 flashes to 5.
  7. Added engine and transmission temperature digital displays above gauge displays on the cluster display.
I need to get my DS heated mirror fixed (on warranty), but after that I'm going to probably make the following changes:
  1. Autofold Mirrors - Regular or Lincoln style are available and I haven't decided yet which I'll use..
  2. Reverse Mirrors - The outside mirrors tip down lower in Reverse so you can see the ground better while backing up.
  3. Change the fog lamps so they will stay on during high beam. Some people call this "Bambi" mode.
  4. Add heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel buttons to the Home screen on the 8" display.
  5. Enable Secure Idle - This prevents the shifter from being able to be moved out of Park if the FOB is not in the vehicle with the engine running.
  6. Increase the Power Point time-out.
  7. Extend the stereo play time after Ignition Off.
  8. Global window Open/Close - Opens or Closes both front windows from FOB by pressing am holding the Lock/Unlock buttons.
  9. Add the "Specified" tire pressure value to the TPMS cluster display.
There are more that can be made, and there are more being found every day.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
very cool stuff!

I bought the OBD connector to play around with my wife's 18 mustang

@BlksvtCobra01 you need an OBD2 interface thatll work with a laptop (can be chorded or blue tooth, I bought one with a chord so it cant drop signal mid program or something). You need to download the Forscan software. There is a VERY good guide over on F150 Forums that walks you through making a backup of your current configuration and an excel sheet that shows you what values to change to do the things hes mentioned.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
very cool stuff!

I bought the OBD connector to play around with my wife's 18 mustang

@BlksvtCobra01 you need an OBD2 interface thatll work with a laptop (can be chorded or blue tooth, I bought one with a chord so it cant drop signal mid program or something). You need to download the Forscan software. There is a VERY good guide over on F150 Forums that walks you through making a backup of your current configuration and an excel sheet that shows you what values to change to do the things hes mentioned.

Thank you I need to register over there. Do you by chance know if a google chrome laptop would work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52merc

Established Member
The F150forum is where I found out about this stuff. The thread on the Forscan software has approx 18,000 posts. I'm trying to read them all, but I'm only at 1,100 right now.

This stuff works on all Fords with Sync 2 or 3. The modules change a bit with different vehicles and the PID codes change, but this is really great to get your hands on it and its not costly. The software is free and the OBD reader (it has to have a certain chip inside) it cheap on Amazon. I got a USB version so I don'y have to deal with Bluetooth issues.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
The F150forum is where I found out about this stuff. The thread on the Forscan software has approx 18,000 posts. I'm trying to read them all, but I'm only at 1,100 right now.

This stuff works on all Fords with Sync 2 or 3. The modules change a bit with different vehicles and the PID codes change, but this is really great to get your hands on it and its not costly. The software is free and the OBD reader (it has to have a certain chip inside) it cheap on Amazon. I got a USB version so I don'y have to deal with Bluetooth issues.

Link to the amazon obd reader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52merc

Established Member
This is the one I bought.

upload_2018-11-21_20-7-59.png

They also have a BT version, but the USB one is more reliable for writing the files. The Forscan website also has information on the reader. Make sure you get one that switches between modes or you can't get at all your modules.

52merc

Established Member
Any reader that is ELM327 and has a switch to go from HS-CAN to MS-CAN and is either USB or BT is usable. The only ones that really don't work well are Wi-Fi.

M91196

Established Member
I’ve used it to correct my speedometer as well as change the TPMS threshold on my tire upgrade and activating aftermarket factory adds such as led bed lights and trailer brake controller as well as all the common changes mentioned above.
Very useful for its diagnostic abilities too.

52merc

Established Member
I'm likely going to add Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) next. There is a 2017 Platinum at a local wrecker that I can get most of the parts. Probably only have to buy a harness and steering wheel switch module from a dealership.

Users who are viewing this thread