Unmarked car instigating race?

Status
Not open for further replies.

svt99rag

Established Member
Have a quick question on what I saw this weekend. We have new ISP Mustangs that are unmarked working the highways in the area. I was behind two S197 Mustangs, one red and one blue (trooper car). The state trooper got next to the red mustang and nailed it a couple times trying to get the other car to run. Well the guy took the bait, punched it and got pulled over. Is that a normal for a trooper to try and start a race?

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
1. who is supposed to be in control of the vehicle's operation at all times?
2. who's responsibility is it to operate vehicle in a safe manner, while observing all traffic statutes?

/thread.

svt99rag

Established Member
1. who is supposed to be in control of the vehicle's operation at all times?
2. who's responsibility is it to operate vehicle in a safe manner, while observing all traffic statutes?

/thread.

That wasn't my question, I didn't say anything about the guy shouldn't get a ticket for the cop starting it...he raced and should get a ticket. So no "/thread"

CLOCKWO12K

Custom User Title
Established Member
its called entrapment and it is unlawful.
if proven it will not stand up in court, the hard part is to prove it. if its your word against the officer's there is no question who they will believe. but if proven, then no ticket for you!

BK04SVT

i bleed blue
Established Member
They have these traps everywhere now to try to get people to street race in all types of cars. they are even in imports with massive wings on them..the last types of cars you would think a cop would be in. It obviously isn't classified as entrapment

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member
if proven it will not stand up in court, the hard part is to prove it. if its your word against the officer's there is no question who they will believe. but if proven, then no ticket for you!

For the 11 billionth time, this is not entrapment!!!!

Nobody forced him to race. Its just like cops posing as drug dealers, nobody forced you to buy the drugs.

And yes it is becoming a common tactic targeting street racing.

Last edited:

svt99rag

Established Member
For the 11 billionth time, this is not entrapment!!!!

Nobody forced him to race. Its just like cops posing as drug dealers, nobody forced you to buy the drugs.

I didn't think it was entraptment, just wondering if it was a normal practice.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

You are clueless. It is not even close to entrapment. Maybe you should stop using legal terms you dont understand.

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
sorry if my response wasn't more detailed or too simplistic.. But that's what it breaks down too. a person commits a criminal act. Criminal law states a crime must contain 2 parts Mens reas(a criminal thought) and Actus reas(criminal action) No one forced you to romp that accelerator and take off.. it was a conscious choice that was made by the offender.

svt99rag

Established Member
It is becoming a common practice in areas with a street racing problem.

Thanks, just curious. I have seen several of these new mustangs with people pulled over, mostly muscle or sports cars in front of them.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
Wow, what low standards they will take to catch a simple street racer when you have a country full of illegals and crazy high crime rates.

I remember when I was in high school I would get into trouble for instigating a fight. I hated it then but I complete agree with me being in trouble. Police officers should not be allowed to instigate anything legally. They themselves should not enact in illegal activity to catch criminals.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Wow, what low standards they will take to catch a simple street racer when you have a country full of illegals and crazy high crime rates.

I remember when I was in high school I would get into trouble for instigating a fight. I hated it then but I complete agree with me being in trouble. Police officers should not be allowed to instigate anything legally. They themselves should not enact in illegal activity to catch criminals.

So, no prostitution stings? No participation in a drug buy/sell? No using decoys on the internet to catch pedophiles? No posing as a hitman to catch someone who wants to hire another to kill someone? Etc.?

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
So, no prostitution stings? No participation in a drug buy/sell? No using decoys on the internet to catch pedophiles? No posing as a hitman to catch someone who wants to hire another to kill someone? Etc.?

No, should be illegal. If someone wants to buy sex and the other wants to pay for it then it should be legal. Although nobody should be allowed to force anyone to have sex. They have plenty of other ways to catch drug dealers/users. Parents need to discipline children not to talk to strangers better or engage in sexual acts with anyone. Take more time to become more involved and don't allow your kids to attend social events you aren't comfortable with. Now I don't agree with the hitman ploy either but I can't think of another way at this moment.

don't get me wrong. I understand they are for the greater good, but Its a double standard in my eyes

Last edited:

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member

Why would you want to put up such a roadblock to criminal investigations?:nonono:

You think a traffic officer should have to go only the speed limit to catch a traffic offender, how effective would that be?

Besides, in the course of a legitimate investigation it is not considered a criminal act.

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member
No, should be illegal

don't get me wrong. I understand they are for the greater good, but Its a double standard in my eyes

Just remember that attitude when you are directly affected by a criminal and are screaming for some justice.:bash:

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member

I think there is a difference.

A cop gunning it and "toying" with another car to get him to punch it should be illegal.

Now if a cop is cruising around in a nice mustang or unmarked car and another car comes up and wants to race him, then that is fine, but I don't like how you can "taunt" someone into doing something illegal, its like "lets see how far we can push him".

Everyone would want someone dead if you push them far enough, everyone would buy drugs if you give them a good enough reason to and push them enough, everyone would say the word yes if you push them enough. its the "everyone has a price" concept

Last edited:

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
Just remember that attitude when you are directly affected by a criminal and are screaming for some justice.:bash:

I'm sorry but I must have missed your point? If I am effected by crime then justice should be served NO matter the circumstances.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
I think there is a difference.

A cop gunning it and "toying" with another car to get him to punch it should be illegal.

Now if a cop is cruising around in a nice mustang or unmarked car and another car comes up and wants to race him, then that is fine, but I don't like how you can "taunt" someone into doing something illegal.

But then again it becomes a double standard that they could use when ever they choose. It would be very hard to prove in court either way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread