Unmarked car instigating race?

Status
Not open for further replies.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
Those EVOC graduates are dying in the course and scope of their employment - something they choose to do of course, but try not to involve their tragic loss in your really pathetic posts.

As I stated before, this thread has run its course, thanks to the idiotic contributions of a few who have not had an intelligent thought since birth.

My points are still valid.

EVOC does not turn a bad driver into a good driver.
Many officers are great drivers and EVOC makes them even better but there are still officers out there that are not good drivers.
Many officers are dying in the line of duty needlessly despite EVOC training.

Perhaps officers should be more careful on the roads and ask themselves if the risk they are taking are worth capturing the particular suspect in question.

In regards to street racing.

I don't have a problem with cops doing the job they have been directed to perform. I don't have a problem with them doing everything they can within the law to do this job. I think these undercover cars are a smart way to police for this activity.

What I do question is the amount of time and effort put into this enforcement. Perhaps in some areas this is justified.

Really the main blame for the increased enforcement falls with the street racers. They have definitely not been quite about their illegal activities and as always whenever a group of idiots get together people start to notice. They have brought needless attention to there activity and they have not been discreet.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
My points are still valid.

EVOC does not turn a bad driver into a good driver.

With what dept/agency did you pass your EVOC training?

You dont pass EVOC, if you arent proficient.

speeddemon2000 said:
Many officers are great drivers and EVOC makes them even better but there are still officers out there that are not good drivers.

As a general rule, L.E.O.s have more driving experience and training than your average teenager who road races.

speeddemon2000 said:
Many officers are dying in the line of duty needlessly despite EVOC training.

It is a danger of the job. Just like an expert marksman can still get shot.

speeddemon2000 said:
Perhaps officers should be more careful on the roads and ask themselves if the risk they are taking are worth capturing the particular suspect in question.

That is always part of the judgment call.

speeddemon2000 said:
In regards to street racing.

I don't have a problem with cops doing the job they have been directed to perform. I don't have a problem with them doing everything they can within the law to do this job. I think these undercover cars are a smart way to police for this activity.

What I do question is the amount of time and effort put into this enforcement. Perhaps in some areas this is justified.

Err. Okay.

speeddemon2000 said:
Really the main blame for the increased enforcement falls with the street racers. They have definitely not been quite about their illegal activities and as always whenever a group of idiots get together people start to notice. They have brought needless attention to there activity and they have not been discreet.

Correct.

94CobraPace

Established Member
Try reving at a cop, speeding up and slowing down (jumping) then take off but do not go over the speed limit or break loose your tires and see what happens... Bet you get pulled over. But it is OK for a undercover officer does this?
Why is it legal for them to do it to unsuspecting motorist? Especially when there is another cop following?
Seems to be double standard? I can see where it could be entrapment and good police work to get someone to race. Border line IMO.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i can't believe people are still arguing about this....

here is a tip for all those who cry foul. Don't street race and you won't get caught

Last edited:

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
Three sides to this argument

The street racer.... who will race .... provoked or not (most of those crying entrapment are the ones who would get enticed to do something they were already predisposed to do) and are the same ones who are getting pulled over all the time for - spinning wheels, street racing and speeding

The cop.....

The normal driver... who doesn't let someone entice them into anything and have the common sense to take it to the track. These are usually the same people who rarely, if ever get pulled over while driving the exact same car "you" do.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
/thread ...please this will become a pissing contest

Not intended that way.

Personally I know there are better drivers and riders than me out there. I think the best way to get really good is taking it to the track. The road coarse is were it's at. Hopefully soon I can get setup with a truck so I can have something to haul my bike to the track with.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Try reving at a cop, speeding up and slowing down (jumping) then take off but do not go over the speed limit or break loose your tires and see what happens... Bet you get pulled over. But it is OK for a undercover officer does this?
Why is it legal for them to do it to unsuspecting motorist? Especially when there is another cop following?
Seems to be double standard? I can see where it could be entrapment and good police work to get someone to race. Border line IMO.

Unsuspecting motorists dont respond. So there goes that theory.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I live in Orlando and there is a lot of street racing in the news.
Aside from stricter laws and heavy enforcement why aren't there any alternatives offered?
We have Orlando Speed World as our local drag strip. There are several counties that are within a reasonable driving distance. The counties could put monies toward improving, expanding and advertising the facilites. Having the strip open more often and staying open later would give these street racers a friendly, safe and legal enviroment to race at.
I also read about drag strip closures around the country but this is simple economics. The properties are worth more as real estate. If the local counties contibuted there might not be as many closures. State or local goverments could even obtain property and open up more racing facilities.
Just my .02

94CobraPace

Established Member
Unsuspecting motorists dont respond. So there goes that theory.

That's funny, because I get reved at (Not all the time, but it happens) by mini vans, trucks and imports. And they take off fast like they are trying to race me. Hmmm, could be a undercover cop?
And the reving at a cop?

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
That's funny, because I get reved at (Not all the time, but it happens) by mini vans, trucks and imports. And they take off fast like they are trying to race me. Hmmm, could be a undercover cop?
And the reving at a cop?

me too.:??:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread