Unported upper only 03 Cobra makes 497/524 STD.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Im not a eaton expert but on the dyno sheet you have,the hp curve goes up,up,up, and then kinda peters out at high rpm. Isnt that because the eaton drops boost @ high rpm? Could that be fixed? Wheres posi? lol

Any way those numbers are great for your mods!

JAY

O4COBRA

Established Member
^ I think your assumption is right on the HP falling at high rpm's. I was holding the boost gauge and it got right to 14lbs quickly, then tapered to 11 at redline. I'm very interested in doing a port now that I'm almost guaranteed 500whp. I just didn't want to go through all of that and not hit 500whp. It would be interesting to see what a port and a 2lb lower would net... :D

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Im not a eaton expert but on the dyno sheet you have,the hp curve goes up,up,up, and then kinda peters out at high rpm. Isnt that because the eaton drops boost @ high rpm? Could that be fixed?
Mostly heat in all likelihood......An Eaton's IAT2's will run about 20 degrees cooler with a port. And long tube headers will also help a great deal with high RPm horsepower maintenance.

O4COBRA

Established Member
Mostly heat in all likelihood......An Eaton's IAT2's will run about 20 degrees cooler with a port. And long tube headers will also help a great deal with high RPM horsepower maintenance.

The blower stayed pretty cool throughout the runs. Which was surprising considering I don't have any H/E upgrades at all. But you could be right...

Wow, great numbers! 91 octane and 19* max timing making that power is impressive!

Thanks. Definitely the best numbers he's come up with for the simple mods I have. We looked through pages of he is previous tunes and couldn't find anything within 10-12 hp.

Must have been the Throttle Body! :smmon:

J/K Nice numbers man! :thumbsup:

Haha, it did make a difference though. I mentioned it to the tuner just in case before he started tuning it. He said it was well done, no issues with the TB at all. He said it definitely made a difference for the better. Well worth the $100 IMO... :beer:

Lol, I was waiting for that when I saw his mod list. Nice #`s OP.

Thanks. I was waiting for him to see this thread too. I figured he would take ALL the credit!! j/k

BrokeFourSix

Established Member
dayum! that throttle body must have some magic in it! lol car put down some good numbers brotha!! lol i heard you this morning on sunrise when i was opening up the shop..car is ****in loud man, i think you have the bassani race mufflers an your just not telling anyone lol

Shaun@AED

Great seeing you again Kyle.

FWIW When we first installed our Dynocom we used our Dynojet 224 for calibration. Same cars, same tunes, no changes, one car was done on both dynos the same day. Corrected #'s were within 1/2% of each other. We've never changed the calibration, and maintain our dyno on a regular schedule.

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
Impressive numbers. I'm looking forward to seeing some track times to back them up!

Users who are viewing this thread