Up and comming race in a few hours, need some info

Vicious805cobra

Established Member
What's up guys. I was wondering how much whp can a newer ss put down on heads and cam?. I would like to give out more details but that's pretty much all I know about the ss

SBVERT03

Established Member
What's up guys. I was wondering how much whp can a newer ss put down on heads and cam?. I would like to give out more details but that's pretty much all I know about the ss

They really can vary from mild to wild, all depends on the set up. Nobody is really going to be able to give you a real answer without more details. Whats done to your car?

Vicious805cobra

Established Member
Not my car. My friends redfire cobra. I guess the owner of the ss called him out, talking smack about how his ss would destroy his "dinky" 4.6 etc.
So my friend told him to put up or shut up, so its going down in a few hours. But I can tell my friend is getting nervous.

Vicious805cobra

Established Member
They really can vary from mild to wild, all depends on the set up. Nobody is really going to be able to give you a real answer without more details. Whats done to your car?

He has pulley, steeda filter RAI, bassani x and catback. With an email tune

Vicious805cobra

Established Member
Easy to say when their is money involved. My only advice for him was drive it like you stole it, because your going to start thinking "what if" I did this and that.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Buy some of this and give it to your freind, to ease the pain and all.......:lol: :lol:

astroglide.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your friend should just race him. If he loses the race it sounds like he'll just lose a bit of his pride. If he wins, the Camaro owner will likely return to the parts counter for new power goodies. :)

Vicious805cobra

Established Member
Well it all went down and pretty much he got murdered by a bus length. Turns out on he had a 100shot ontop of his heads and cam. In the words of my good friend andy " we just got hustled bro". The only good thing that came out of this is that it gave him motivation to take his car to another level. He was allready talking about long tubes, ported blower etc.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Camaro owner sounds like a douche if he bet money and specified it only has heads n cams, when he sprayed on top. The exclusion of nitrous being used voids the terms and conditions specified in the bet. If the grounds of the bet were based on specific mods then id say **** you if he pulls over and starts saying he sprayed. Hed do the same if all of a sudden the car hes running that he thought was just a pulley/tune cobra has a 2.8L KB. But if you didnt get to poke around before hand some of the onus is on you, even the best attempts at stealth nitrous kits are pretty easy to spot.

Thats not hustling, thats just being a ****** douchenozzle. camaro owners lol.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Well it all went down and pretty much he got murdered by a bus length. Turns out on he had a 100shot ontop of his heads and cam. In the words of my good friend andy " we just got hustled bro". The only good thing that came out of this is that it gave him motivation to take his car to another level. He was allready talking about long tubes, ported blower etc.

He should probably skip the ported blower and go with a Whipple, e35 and a real tune.

Pick up a pair of slicks while he is at it

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member

So you all found out AFTER the race that he was spraying? Did you all try to argue about it with him?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nobody is going to win every race. There's always going to be better drivers, better mods, lighter cars, better setups. Tell your buddy trying to stay one up on a faster car can get expensive. He lost a race. Life goes on. :)

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
i almost bet your buddy would have lost against the car just on motor. Some of the HUGE cam only with full bolt ons have done 500rwhp or VERY close on bone stock heads. I dont see it making 480-520rwhp hard at all on a typical heads a cam car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread