Update to sticking throttle pedal!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I started this thread a while back:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190149

In it, I asked all of you here to go to the NHTSA link I provided and file a complaint. Well, at least 9 of us did...and it worked!

The NHTSA contacted me again and informed me that they have contacted Ford about this issue and have requested more information from them regarding the problem. It looks like Ford knows there have been complaints.

Guys, the NHTSA is taking this very seriously. I was amazed at their concern over a problem like this in such a powerful car. (their words) PLEASE!! If you haven't already, go to the link above and follow the link to their site and register a complaint. I really think we can make a difference in this matter and maybe help save someone's life.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good job buddy! Many times I guess we think that we're shoveling sh** against the wind on something like this, but occasionally we get surprised like this. Thanks for taking the initiative to get the ball rolling. Let's hope there is a positive resolution...SOON.

FireRed04Vert said:
I started this thread a while back:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190149

In it, I asked all of you here to go to the NHTSA link I provided and file a complaint. Well, at least 9 of us did...and it worked!

The NHTSA contacted me again and informed me that they have contacted Ford about this issue and have requested more information from them regarding the problem. It looks like Ford knows there have been complaints.

Guys, the NHTSA is taking this very seriously. I was amazed at their concern over a problem like this in such a powerful car. (their words) PLEASE!! If you haven't already, go to the link above and follow the link to their site and register a complaint. I really think we can make a difference in this matter and maybe help save someone's life.

I had this prob. morn., I filed a complaint @ 9:50 am and by 11:00 am This guy called me and wanted details!
I really think something is going to get done this time! :beer:

Good work!

hunterp

Established Member
Good job on taking the bull by the horns. I haven't had this issue myself, so I don't think I can file a complaint. They don't seem to have just a place to express support for an action if you haven't experienced it. Good luck in your pursuit.

EDIT: How about requesting a moderator making this a sticky?

Last edited:

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
after reading your thread a few weeks ago I cut the carpet away from the pedal and got rid of my annoying floor mat that was curling up under the clutch pedal

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I got a call today also... I filled about a week ago(I think) from the link in your thread...
The guy asked a few more questions... and then thanked me for the very detailed write up( I had explained the push in the clutch and kill the key = bye bye hydroboost brake assist and power steering and also how powerful these things are and how fast real estate gets goobled up if you don't)...
He also said that someone has put one in a ditch... after a smokey failed attempt to restrain the car with just hitting the brakes... fairly new driver...

Nice job people :beer: ... looks like we may get some action from Ford on this one .... hopefully no one gets hurt in the mean time...

Jimmy :read:

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
Yeah I got a call back on my complaint, last Monday, as I am going out the door from work. They seem to be on top of it, but it did creep me out a bit until I realized they were watching these forums as well. He kept referring to the pictures I took of the fix I did and I was sure I didn't attach anything to my complaint, so I asked what picture and he explained to me he was looking at something I had posted on SVTPerf, very cool!

- 04_snake

s2k4cobra

Established Member
Well after I had the pedal problem I filed a complaint too. They called me yesterday and asked if I had the problem again or had I cut the carpet like everyone else. Hopefully this will get resolved pretty quick.

Users who are viewing this thread