Updated 2000 R FAQ and info document

CrazySix232

I have a question. i've got the 99-'02 cobra front bumper on my car and want to add the "R" splitter. i read over the instruction manual they have posted on the ford racing website and it doesnt mention the DZUS fasteners. do these come with the kit from ford or must they be purchased separately. i know that i'm going to have to remove the splitter at times, but the instruction sheet doesnt really make it seem like the air dam is removable once it's attached. basically my question is, if i use the included hardware and panel fasteners, will the air splitter be detachable?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
CrazySix232 said:
I have a question. i've got the 99-'02 cobra front bumper on my car and want to add the "R" splitter. i read over the instruction manual they have posted on the ford racing website and it doesnt mention the DZUS fasteners. If i use the hardware and panel fasteners included with the kit from ford, will the air splitter be detachable?

IMHO if you have BOTH parts of the Dzus fasteners you should be able to drill your bumper facia, install the receiver portion of the fastener and have a removeable splitter just like the '00 R?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Andy M

Established Member
CrazySix232 said:
I have a question. i've got the 99-'02 cobra front bumper on my car and want to add the "R" splitter. i read over the instruction manual they have posted on the ford racing website and it doesnt mention the DZUS fasteners. If i use the hardware and panel fasteners included with the kit from ford, will the air splitter be detachable?
If you purchase the POC (Piece O Crap) splitter from an SVT dealer, you will get everything you need to attach the thing to the car. What they do NOT give you are the button rivets or the squeezer gun, which are necessary to apply the DZUS fasteners (the right way) to the splitter. There will be a little bag with springs (they look like S's) which get applied directly to the bumper cover from the inside. These are used when you then mate the splitter to the cover and are used to quarter turn the DZUS fasteners onto the car.

Bottom line, yes, the fasteners are included in the package, and yes, the splitter will be detachable from the car.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

Last edited:

Boss 330

Established Member
'00 R Engine part numbers.

Would a Moderator please make this a sticky.. If anybody else has Part numbers please add them to this thread.

Main brgs... Federal Mogul 153M

Rod brgs..... Federal Mogul 7250CH

Primary timing chains.. YR32-6268-AA

( These differ from standard 5.4 chains in that the outside edges are polished to reduce the chances of burning the plastic guides)

Cam sprocket Bolt... F8ZZ-6256-AA

Secondary chains...... F3LY-6268-B

Lash adjusters YR3V 6C501 AA ZZ
(Forget getting these from Ford.. They don't exist. They however are under the valve covers of 3 million DOHC Dodge Neons. And.. the parts from Chrysler were updated around 2003 and are actually a better part than the oem Ford stuff.

Alternator..... GL-485-RM
This part was used on '96 and up SOHC mustang GT's

Throttle cable... 1R3Z-9A758-CA

Clutch fork... XR33-7515-AA

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Al:

That is great information you have assembled there. Thank you! Our engines are getting to the point where we are going to need this stuff!

I think the best place for this info is to merge it into our 2000 R FAQ Sticky? What do you think Brian?

I'll wait till Brian chimes in and see what he says? He's actually the Boss around here! :-D

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I've searched and have not seen springs mentioned. These are the factory R springs. I have no clue what the rates are but these are the part numbers right off the springs:

R springs are as follows:

Rear: Ford SVE 27827 YR3V 5560AA

Front: Ford SVE 27827A YR3V 5310AA

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I've searched and have not seen springs mentioned. These are the factory R springs. I have no clue what the rates are but these are the part numbers right off the springs:

R springs are as follows:

Rear: Ford SVE 27827 YR3V 5560AA

Front: Ford SVE 27827A YR3V 5310AA

The 00R black binder info. under Suspension and Steering lists 800lb./in. Front and 750lb./in. Rear - Eibach.

R

BlackStripes

Established Member
Does anyone know how much downforce the Cobra R wing/splitter produces and at what speed?

I think i read about some numbers, but i wanted to know if anyone has an article from Ford or from some credible source.

thanks!

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Great thread...always wondered about some of the stuff on the Cobra R's...now I have all the answers!!!

Later...Dave

griffined

SVT driver
If anyone wants to do some updates to the document, they are welcome. I've been busier with work, and a little less interested in keeping it up to date in the last couple years.

Users who are viewing this thread