Updated Pics of the Cobra Clone

DodginBullits

Established Member
***Added Some Pics From Track!!***Posted pics of it back in January with the Black Replicas. I sold those off and replaced them with the more original looking silver. I took him out to stretch his legs for a bit today and received many compliments. I found a decent spot to talk to a Lightning owner and decided to take a pic or two with the Iphone. Too bad I didn't have a better camera but you get the point.

NewWheels1.jpg

newwheels3.jpg

newwheels2.jpg

newwheels4.jpg

newwheels5.jpg

This Black GT was running a Procharger with 12lbs of boost. I was on motor only.

tm2.jpg

tm3.jpg

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Very clean, love that color.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I am blown away by this one. What a great job you've done. I love EVERYTHING about it. :beer: :rockon:

DodginBullits

Established Member
Also, what is that red switch near the shift knob?

That's the fast and furious switch. Lol, it's to arm the nitrous system then the handheld on the seat has a N/A tune and a nitrous tune. It's jetted for 100hp but I haven't even filled the bottle yet.

Thank you to everyone for the very kind words. It is a beauty. I have always loved the 93 cobra look but knew I wouldn't be pleased with its performance. So instead of chopping up the drivetrain of a true cobra, I figured this would be the best of both worlds. The stock look with the ability to smack around most other street cars it encounters. Sadly, I can't take credit for most of the work but I have done some of it and really put the finishing touches on it.

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
the cobra side skirts are shaped different than the GT side skirts? i use to think the only difference was GTs had 'mustang gt' engraved in them.

DodginBullits

Established Member
the cobra side skirts are shaped different than the GT side skirts? i use to think the only difference was GTs had 'mustang gt' engraved in them.

Yes, they are different. GT's have the rear brake "vents". The front extensions off the fender are also different with a GT having the front brake "vents". IMO the Cobra has the cleaner look.

DodginBullits

Established Member
I want it.

If serious, PM me.

that is an amazing car. I love the color and everything. it is superclean and you should be very happy. Bad Ass car.

Thank you very much.

nice work,besides, nitrous and the exaust? what other mods you have done to it? did u do the cobra intake / gt40 headed motor?

SVO Forged 347
HR 282 Cam
Trick Flow Stage II Heads
Trick Flow Upper and Lower Intake
60 lb Injectors
Tremec 3550 with Spec III & Fidanza Flywheel
3.73's

Other Odds and Ends as well

DodginBullits

Established Member
Holy cow what an amazing job!! Bet she's a blast to drive..... any dyno numbers?

It IS a blast to drive. Full A/C and heater, stereo, power steering. Full Interior.

No dyno numbers on it yet, but I can tell you that on motor only, it's within .12 of my old 96 Black Cobra with a Kenne Bell and 6lbs of boost. That old cobra was 397rwhp and 393 ft. lbs of torque with 4.30 gears. So maybe around around the same for this fox off the bottle and probably around 500 on the 100 shot.

DodginBullits

Established Member
One of my favorite cars of all time. Looks amazing.

Thank you! I am thinking a 3/4" drop all the way around but I'd have to roll the rear fenders for that. I really think it would finish off the exterior in the best way.

Thoughts??

Users who are viewing this thread