upgrade sct XC2 for 2010 GT500

70Maverick

Established Member
I am trying to update my XC2 so I can allow for a gear change in my 2010 GT500. I uploaded the most recent file on the SCT site but it just has 2005 + Mustang GT 4.6. How do I get it so it will work on my Shelby?

70Maverick

Established Member
I've downloaded the latest 9415a and the 9415b firmware and there is no GT500 support. I don't need a custom tune. I just want to change the gear ratio.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
call SCT they can help you out or call a local tuner that uses SCT

70Maverick

Established Member
Obviously I can do that. I just figured somebody here actually tuned their own car. I am new to the GT500 game. I guess you guys just pay somebody else to do everything for you. I am not used to that. I have always installed my own mods like clutches, exhaust, shifters, springs and shocks, rebuilt my own engines etc.
I had to save and scrap and pack a lunch for a LOOONNNGGG time to be able to afford a discounted leftover car.

No worries, I will give them a call tomorrow!

Thanks

:banana:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i see what you mean 90% of all the stuff on my car was put on by me an friends. but when it comes to tunning i have AED do it an learn everytime im there an he gives me the all the options in my hand held to change. also if you have an Xcal 2 there are custom tunes only so unless a tuner gives you a base tune with option to change things the Xcal 2 is useless other than a ODB 2 code reader

70Maverick

Established Member
you obviously have not done much tuning. That statement could not possibly be any more false.
You are thinking of the 9400.

:read:

EDIT: ............but thanks for proving my point.

Just guessing.....the 90% is the dash plaque, the mufflers, H pipe and the brackets. And the "friends" half of that work at the shop you have the work done at and you just consider them friends.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
you obviously have not done much tuning. That statement could not possibly be any more false.

Just guessing.....the 90% is the dash plaque, the mufflers, H pipe and the brackets. And the "friends" half of that work at the shop you have the work done at and you just consider them friends.

god you must be a watse of shit since you cant get a flash turner to work on your car then. :nonono:. since you seem to know oh so much why are you even on here asking for help hmmmm.

Last edited:

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
Ditto.
From what I know the Xcal's are programed with up to 3 custom tunes. of those if the original shop/tech/whoever that wrote those tunes allowed for adjustments then you can use your Xcal to program or modify those custom tunes. You cant play with the original tune with a Xcal. If you have the programing software then there are other ways to adjust what you have. Firmware files are not gonna get you the ability to modify a tune with the Xcal only someone who can update the Xcal can unlock that.

SCT does sell software and connectors for laptops that allow for full owner adjust-ability and I know guys who use the HP software to program their cars. I am not that talented in tuning to even begin to play with these cars so that is why 99.9% leave it up to a reputable tuner and dyno shop.

My tuner has left alot of functions open on my Xcal2 so I can add fuel, bump timing, set gear ratio's and tire size, as well as a few other items.

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Naw be an a--hole and see how far it gets you. Never seen anyone ask for help and then insult those that even attempt. People like that is the reason the boards start to deteriorate. There are many that can tell you how to unlock the tuner or even modify parameters to tune the car. I talked with a very well reputable tuner and figured out a lot. But for you, I know a Secret and I won't tell

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member

Woohoo I'm part of a shop. And that shop being Me32's garage... yeah we did it in a shop. And I can see why you think that considering you sound like the kinda guy who makes a ton of friends.

How about you get off your lazy a** and call SCT?
:kaboom:

Users who are viewing this thread