Upgrade Time - SVTP Needs a New Server (or 2)

BMSTNG

Established Member
Just upgraded to premium membership T shirt size is Large. Thanks for everything you guys do

fastgeek

Lover of all cars.
As others mentioned already, some of us have access to piles of parts that are just gathering dust and/or are destined for the ewaste bin. If you have an immediate need for parts, it might be worth asking for some specific items while you contemplate going to AWS / Azure / Goole / etc. Personally I'm not much of a cloud person either; but for a forum I suspect it would make a lot of sense. Am sure you can keep a mirrored backup of the entire forum (or just the database) locally, too, "just in case".

BTW, the timing of the PM blast was interesting. Just posted about something about a bunch of new servers I had received on a different forum shortly before it came in. :p

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'd prefer you sending a message to me on here (if need be) rather than email if possible.

I typically send a PM.

I'll have to try out the Amazon thing. I go on there a good bit sometimes.

It doesn't contribute a ton of cash right now, but it has potential if the links were more broadly used.

As others mentioned already, some of us have access to piles of parts that are just gathering dust and/or are destined for the ewaste bin. If you have an immediate need for parts, it might be worth asking for some specific items while you contemplate going to AWS / Azure / Goole / etc. Personally I'm not much of a cloud person either; but for a forum I suspect it would make a lot of sense. Am sure you can keep a mirrored backup of the entire forum (or just the database) locally, too, "just in case".

BTW, the timing of the PM blast was interesting. Just posted about something about a bunch of new servers I had received on a different forum shortly before it came in. :p

We may take you up on that.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
All posts older than a few weeks are gone, they resume for posts older than 5 to 7 years ago.

I have a hard time believing the data is actually gone, there almost had to be several backups out there. Something probably just went wrong during migration and they are trying to fix it.

Donation just sent, Sid. Thanks for all you've done towards the success of my business, and for all you've done for the SVTP community. You rock, my friend!

Much appreciated Bob.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
All posts older than a few weeks are gone, they resume for posts older than 5 to 7 years ago.

So I just went over to YB to see what was up. That was definitely a migration issue, but they never should have switched traffic over from the old boxes before fully testing the new site. It'll take some time to clean up. On a side note, vB 3.8 feels ancient compared to the software we run. Plus I saw a several posts complaining about Photobucket. Glad we aren't dealing with that.

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
If you guys still are facing this issue I would not be opposed to donating, I have been lurking here since I was 14 now I'm coming up on 26

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread