Upgraded from Mustang to Mustang

hob

Established Member
Hello all I've decided to upgrade from my 32 valve Mustang to a 32 valve Mustang. I was planning on taking back down to the shop the PO had it completed at to tell me exactly what pulley mods are done. Although very happy with it so far, still working out small problems(somewhat of a perfectionist with my vehicles), and changing all fluids / filters but by the end of this weekend it should be all caught up and driving excellent.

Last weekend replaced -
Oil/Filter
Cleaned CAI Filter
Fuel Filter <--- Not as fun on IRS as it was on the Mach LOL
Eaton Supercharger Oil
Power Steering
Keyless Remotes
Oil Cap

This weekend -
Complete Radiator flush / Burp
Intercooler Flush
Thermostat
Rad Cap
Spark Plugs
Transmission Fluid Flush + NEW MGW Shifter Install <-- Stock shifter feels 3 feet tall

Last edited:

Black93Fox

Established Member
Nice pick up an upgrade! Anyone who truly knows these two cars knows there is significant differences. I personally think the cobra looks a lot better then the Mach. Hope you plan to keep her they are awesome machines! Enjoy!

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Congrats on the new DSG Cobra ~ nice upgrade!! :) .... Be sure to check out the Official DSG thread Link at the bottom of my sig! :beer:

Bigggy

Established Member
Congrats! "Friends and family still question me on why I went through the trouble selling/buying two cars that look exactly the same." thats funny!

cj428mach

Established Member
Congrats! "Friends and family still question me on why I went through the trouble selling/buying two cars that look exactly the same." thats funny!

I had an 05 F150 FX4 decked out with 65k on it that I sold to buy my old SB 03 Cobra with 77k on it. My Family couldn't understand why I was going backwards in age and mileage of my vehicle, lol they just don't understand.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! I see you stuck with your favorite color. That Cobra looks to be a great shape. Enjoy it!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats a lot of people who don't know about these cars don't understand. I sold my 01 Cobra last year to get my 04 and a co worker goes you sold your car to get the same car just a different color lol I had to explain.

Maustang

Established Member
DSG for the win
I went through the same when I traded in my 99 gt for my 03 mach
Also been debating on picking up a DSG cobra to park next to the mach

hob

Established Member
Everyone is absolutely right. You know you start going through the differences Supercharged, stout forged factory engine, IRS, interior changes... but as I explain this I see them thinking "Older car with more miles for higher price" hahahaha.

But regardless it's an amazing machine, it will be my daily driver as my Mach was, I'm very fortunate to be able to own one and drive everyday.

photo_zps45880dd9.png

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
nice upgrade!!!

my son has a bolt on / tune / gear '04 Mach and i've got a bolt on / ported / pullied '03 Cobra... those that don't know, just don't know!

i see you're doing the MGW install this weekend. did you get one of Bob's gaskets for it?

(if not you really should!!)

Users who are viewing this thread