Upgrading boost on roush Whippel

tcroush23

Established Member
I was thinking of upgrading my pulley to a 12psi is it a good idea? Lol my motor has stock internal and I dnt want to blow anything, I'm pushing 555-560 right now with the 9psi and jlt cold air. Let me know what u all think

alex12gt

Established Member
Im running about 11-12 psi on my tvs with a 79mm pulley,jlt, bap,and 47lb injectors but i also have excepted the fact its a ticking time bomb.....

So if you wana be safe stay where your at

grnenvy

Established Member
On my car with factory air box we went from the 82mm to the 79mm and it only made a couple more hp but the tq did go up.We know why. First off, the factory intake box gets restrictive at this boost level. 2nd more boost and 93 octane came less timing advance which kinda defeats the purpose to running more boost. So for a street car with limited octane stick with the 82mm. The 79 is good for the track when u can splash it with race fuel. Also with more RPM the blower turns the more heat it makes. On a side note I like the cool air that the factory air box delivers for the street aspecially here in Fl.
This combo will keep your motor safe with the right tune and u won't over boost.

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

Why don't u lose the 79mm or the JLT then you'll be safe? It's only worth about 20-30 rwhp more the way your running. JLT gives 1-2psi and the pulley is good for about 1psi.
Im running about 11-12 psi on my tvs with a 79mm pulley,jlt, bap,and 47lb injectors but i also have excepted the fact its a ticking time bomb.....

So if you wana be safe stay where your at

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Tough call... There is still not a whole lot of info out there on now many miles we can go at high HP. Seems like a high percentage of people are holding together just fine at 600+ hp and more. The motor just hasn't been out long enough to know what it will really take and for how long.

As long as you run decent fuel, respectable timing and don't have detonation (which the computer wont allow you to have anyway), I suspect our motors are going to last alot longer than people expect.

alex12gt

Established Member
Why don't u lose the 79mm or the JLT then you'll be safe? It's only worth about 20-30 rwhp more the way your running. JLT gives 1-2psi and the pulley is good for about 1psi.

Im going to rebuild anyway im not saying its unsafe but there is a line where you need to realize that failure may result ive just accepted it

RI_2011_GT

Established Member
Thanks everyone... dyno is thursday... currently running VMP email tune. If i don't put down more then mid 500's then the 79mm will go on along with cobrajet TB.

mazroth

Established Member
With the roush tune, I put down 495rwhp at 6500, and 423rwtq. I have a VMP tune now, and its light and day different than the roush tune. No dyno time on my new tune yet, but drives alot better too.

Users who are viewing this thread