Upgrading Supercharger

cj428mach

Established Member
Wut?

Lol was I supposed to quote what you and he said together? I was responding to you when I said the tvs isn't perfect.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
As does Nitrous, TVS, Kenne Bell and Turbos. They're all fun... just saying :)

8211C33D-4321-4626-A49B-2194DDA5F09A.jpeg

Your reply made me think of this :D

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Sure. But I think far out in the future for my builds. And my personal advice is to do it once and be done. Why spend allll that money on a Fore system and hit 700 stock block on a 2.3 VMP when you can get a 2.9 gen2 Crusher and hit right at 750-800 or a gen 3 2.9 crusher and hit 800+ on same stock block? It's silly. You'll have a fuel system that's being limited by a blower. Again, speaking stock block...

You're not going to get ARH headers and put flowmasters on are you? Or get a huge throttle body and only run a drop in filter...

Guy is asking for opinions, that's my opinion.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
A lot more headaches can surface when making 800+rwhp. The right way is to build a fuel system generally is building it bigger than what your hp goals are.

Not everyone wants 800+rwhp for a weekend cruiser.

I'll admit, down the road I may consider the 2.65 blower. But my reasons won't be just to make more power.

Just my opinion.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
A lot more headaches can surface when making 800+rwhp. The right way is to build a fuel system generally is building it bigger than what your hp goals are.

Not everyone wants 800+rwhp for a weekend cruiser.

I'll admit, down the road I may consider the 2.65 blower. But my reasons won't be just to make more power.

Just my opinion.

Then why upgrade? You've already got a removable inlet. You've already got a VMP TVS. And if a 800+ rwhp upgrade would be such a headache, why spend 4-5 thousand on the upgrade? You may end up making 750-800rwhp anyways, from what VMP is claiming.

Why would the original poster of this conversation want 600 rwhp? Why would he possibly want E85 and 700 rwhp in the future?

Because eventually, it gets boring. It's simple. The first time a friends car smokes you, or you start getting bored with your horsepower, you want to upgrade.

And what did you say a little bit ago? About considering upgrading? So, let me get this straight...are you considering upgrading because it's more efficient? Or because it's larger? Is it because it's moving more volume? Either way, you're going to inevitably make...more power.

The further I was thinking about the OPs original post, I considered the awesome technology and advancement between whipple and VMP and suggested...maybe going a little larger, or more efficient.

Cause with a VMP TVS, you're done at 700 hp. Unless you wanna do some engine work or spray it...that's it. And 400 from the factory got boring. So now you want 600. After 700 on e85 if you want more on your stock block, you're going to regret your decision.

I'm not telling the guy to go 4.0 whipple. I'm not advocating that bigger is "better." Just simply stating...spend your money once. And be done.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Then why upgrade? You've already got a removable inlet. You've already got a VMP TVS. And if a 800+ rwhp upgrade would be such a headache, why spend 4-5 thousand on the upgrade? You may end up making 750-800rwhp anyways, from what VMP is claiming.

Why would the original poster of this conversation want 600 rwhp? Why would he possibly want E85 and 700 rwhp in the future?

Because eventually, it gets boring. It's simple. The first time a friends car smokes you, or you start getting bored with your horsepower, you want to upgrade.

And what did you say a little bit ago? About considering upgrading? So, let me get this straight...are you considering upgrading because it's more efficient? Or because it's larger? Is it because it's moving more volume? Either way, you're going to inevitably make...more power.

The further I was thinking about the OPs original post, I considered the awesome technology and advancement between whipple and VMP and suggested...maybe going a little larger, or more efficient.

Cause with a VMP TVS, you're done at 700 hp. Unless you wanna do some engine work or spray it...that's it. And 400 from the factory got boring. So now you want 600. After 700 on e85 if you want more on your stock block, you're going to regret your decision.

I'm not telling the guy to go 4.0 whipple. I'm not advocating that bigger is "better." Just simply stating...spend your money once. And be done.

My reasons for possibly upgrading down the road are. I could run a larger pulley than my current 2.6 upper at the same boost level. I'm not sold on running a lower at this time. So less chance of belt slip obviously. And the other is it being more efficient.

Since switching to e85 a couple years ago I've been content with my power. I haven't actually had a legitimate race in the 8 years I've owned my car.

And I'd want to address other parts of the car before switching blowers. Better brakes and a full irs bushings kit.

IllCobra

Established Member
Go all out return fuel system. Go strictly Fore. It is one of the most vital parts of any build when anticipating future use of e85. Also, (Only my advice) don't cut yourself short with the 2.3, be patient and go 2.65. You're going to have alot of potential out of a return fuel system and limit yourself to 700 wheel stock block...

Sure. But I think far out in the future for my builds. And my personal advice is to do it once and be done. Why spend allll that money on a Fore system and hit 700 stock block on a 2.3 VMP when you can get a 2.9 gen2 Crusher and hit right at 750-800 or a gen 3 2.9 crusher and hit 800+ on same stock block? It's silly. You'll have a fuel system that's being limited by a blower. Again, speaking stock block...

You're not going to get ARH headers and put flowmasters on are you? Or get a huge throttle body and only run a drop in filter...

Guy is asking for opinions, that's my opinion.

My dude, you said it yourself for him to go all out on a return fuel system and then limit himself to 700 rwhp, which is why i said wouldn't he be better off just sticking with a 2.3 on E85. If he wanted to go any higher than I would agree on him just waiting for the new VMP. Btw, what goes out on stock blocks after 800+ rwhp? I thought these were good for higher than that...

UnrealSVT

Established Member
My dude, you said it yourself for him to go all out on a return fuel system and then limit himself to 700 rwhp, which is why i said wouldn't he be better off just sticking with a 2.3 on E85. If he wanted to go any higher than I would agree on him just waiting for the new VMP. Btw, what goes out on stock blocks after 800+ rwhp? I thought these were good for higher than that...
How exactly do you expect him to push alcohol through those injectors to get him to E85 700rwhp levels? Alcohol itself is what? 40% greater fuel volume than pump? Please tell me you dont expect him to get a KB boost a pump and some sub-par bosche injectors and get to 700 wheel RELIABLY...E85 is a serious volume of fuel compared to pump or race gas. It requires a serious fuel system. I love lethal performance. Hell, i just ordered my whipple off of them last black Friday. But you wouldnt catch me dead with their budget fuel system. FORE is the ONLY way to go. Contact MalcomV8, order your system with a minimum of ID1050X injectors, and MOVE FORWARD....and let me think...what goes out on our blocks after 800rwhp? PTW clearance, connecting rods/bolts...head lift if not using the appropriate bolts?

IllCobra

Established Member
How exactly do you expect him to push alcohol through those injectors to get him to E85 700rwhp levels? Alcohol itself is what? 40% greater fuel volume than pump? Please tell me you dont expect him to get a KB boost a pump and some sub-par bosche injectors and get to 700 wheel RELIABLY...E85 is a serious volume of fuel compared to pump or race gas. It requires a serious fuel system. I love lethal performance. Hell, i just ordered my whipple off of them last black Friday. But you wouldnt catch me dead with their budget fuel system. FORE is the ONLY way to go. Contact MalcomV8, order your system with a minimum of ID1050X injectors, and MOVE FORWARD....and let me think...what goes out on our blocks after 800rwhp? PTW clearance, connecting rods/bolts...head lift if not using the appropriate bolts?

Of course he needs to upgrade his pumps, injectors, etc, etc. But that's not why i questioned your post. I was simply asking why if you want him to stay at 700 rwhp you also want him to to buy the more expensive 2.65 vmp when the 2.3 on E85 will get him there. You then proceed to contradict yourself on your next post to me by saying why he should spend all that money at limit himself to 700 rwhp...

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Of course he needs to upgrade his pumps, injectors, etc, etc. But that's not why i questioned your post. I was simply asking why if you want him to stay at 700 rwhp you also want him to to buy the more expensive 2.65 vmp when the 2.3 on E85 will get him there. You then proceed to contradict yourself on your next post to me by saying why he should spend all that money at limit himself to 700 rwhp...
"The further I was thinking about the OPs original post, I considered the awesome technology and advancement between whipple and VMP and suggested...maybe going a little larger, or more efficient."

I already addressed that in a previous post...

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
700 wheel is the magic number on these cars. It's enough to light up tires thru 3 gears on a street car.....but the driveline parts fare pretty darn good. I've seen so many times on here thru the years when one chooses to go 750 wheel and beyond.....an entire new set of issues will arise. Heads can lift, clutches and factory T56s get destroyed, and the IRS is on borrowed time. You then are looking at a magnum T56 or auto, solid axle rear, etc. Your project can mushroom into a ton of expense. That desire for even as little as 50 rear wheel hp can change the wallet dynamic and reliability dramatically.

Not knocking those that want more....just preparing those for the inevitable carnage if you go that route.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
700 wheel is the magic number on these cars. It's enough to light up tires thru 3 gears on a street car.....but the driveline parts fare pretty darn good. I've seen so many times on here thru the years when one chooses to go 750 wheel and beyond.....an entire new set of issues will arise. Heads can lift, clutches and factory T56s get destroyed, and the IRS is on borrowed time. You then are looking at a magnum T56 or auto, solid axle rear, etc. Your project can mushroom into a ton of expense. That desire for even as little as 50 rear wheel hp can change the wallet dynamic and reliability dramatically.

Not knocking those that want more....just preparing those for the inevitable carnage if you go that route.
Solid advice. Really and truly. When passing 750-800rwhp, you've gotta look into the magnum transmission if you want to stay manual. You've got to look into a minimum of RXT or equivalent clutch, FTBR kit, diff protection and half shafts. Arp2000 head bolts because our heads love to lift around 23psi...Our PTW clearance isn't the best from the factory when battling heat issues from back to back pulls...etc.

If you want to have a terminator and have safe and simple fun, VMP 2.3 or 2.3 whipple and call it a day. Pump or e85.

But after spending some serious cake on supporting mods to get yourself to 700rwhp...Including these fuel systems which are stupid expensive...i would hate to think that I've got a "ceiling" for power, without building my block or rasing compression.

It's personal preference, and the OP is looking for advice. None of us are incorrect here. But, with the never-ending search for more and more power...

The New 2.65 VMP or 2.9 gen 3 Whipple would be MY choice.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Solid advice. Really and truly. When passing 750-800rwhp, you've gotta look into the magnum transmission if you want to stay manual. You've got to look into a minimum of RXT or equivalent clutch, FTBR kit, diff protection and half shafts. Arp2000 head bolts because our heads love to lift around 23psi...Our PTW clearance isn't the best from the factory when battling heat issues from back to back pulls...etc.

If you want to have a terminator and have safe and simple fun, VMP 2.3 or 2.3 whipple and call it a day. Pump or e85.

But after spending some serious cake on supporting mods to get yourself to 700rwhp...Including these fuel systems which are stupid expensive...i would hate to think that I've got a "ceiling" for power, without building my block or rasing compression.

It's personal preference, and the OP is looking for advice. None of us are incorrect here. But, with the never-ending search for more and more power...

The New 2.65 VMP or 2.9 gen 3 Whipple would be MY choice.

I hear you. If you want to get beyond a 140 trap car, the 2.3 level blowers are for the most part going to have to come off. Not unless you have built a higher compression motor. 8.5/1 is the saving grace for the factory terminatior to absorb a ton of boost....but it also holds it back. 10.5/1, 2.65 vmp or 2.9 whipple on corn would be insane lol

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I hear you. If you want to get beyond a 140 trap car, the 2.3 level blowers are for the most part going to have to come off. Not unless you have built a higher compression motor. 8.5/1 is the saving grace for the factory terminatior to absorb a ton of boost....but it also holds it back. 10.5/1, 2.65 vmp or 2.9 whipple on corn would be insane lol
Precisely.

Users who are viewing this thread